OK, odd question from me. Not sure where to put it either, because it isn't plastic surgery but it's supposedly like plastic surgery, it is a product, but most of all it seems to be "tips and tricks", especially tricks. So here goes. This nose magic thing is highly popular in Japan. A friend of mine joked around about it saying she'd like to receive it for X-mas. Now, I'm thinking of buying this for her as a joke, and perhaps to help her, but first off I'd like to know if it is really a scam. On the Nose Magic website, the before and after pictures are incredibly impressive. But I trust more in the power of PhotoShop than the power of Nose Magic :). So in short, is Nose Magic a scam or does it really work? And also, can you actually hurt your nose by using it?

Celebrity

Define "scam". :)

If you go to the Nose Magic website, they'll tell you Nose Magic itself can only be ordered from the Nose Magic website and nowhere else, including Ebay and Amazon. So if your question is whether there are fake Nose Magic products around, yes, there are. 

if your question is whether Nose Magic actually has the potential to make the nose smaller, well, you'd have to buy and try it to find out. It is not that expensive, so in the interest of science, you would not lose out much. Now, on the internet, you can find many positive reviews, including on Yahoo Answers. Are those reviews all created by people who work for Nose Magic? I don't know, but probably not. I don't know. I just don't know. My simple, unscientific guess is that it works, but only temporarily. I can't imagine that something like that has the power to reduce nose size permanently, but hey, who am I? I could be wrong.

Rosie

Yes, nose magic and similar products are scams — it is not possible to alter the shape of cartilage simply by putting pressure on it, and saying that this is possible is fraudulent, plain and simple. My husband is Chinese. After our baby was born, I put him to sleep on his back in his crib, as our pediatrician had advised. My MIL went crazy over that too, saying it would permanently give him a "flat head". Several relatives agreed with this. They also thought that, by gently pressing on the sides of his nose, it would get a better shape. Nose magic probably comes from this same line of thinking, basically an old wives' tale. No thanks, I'm not going to put a peg on my nose and in my nostrils. The thought alone makes me feel weird.

Thanks. I have browsed the web for reviews since posting this. There are some good reviews, but you guys were right. Most people consider Nose Magic to be a scam, and there do not appear to be any scientific indications that it is at all possible to alter the shape of the nose in this way. One interesting "claim" in its favor is that the long term use of eye glasses causes a dent in the nose, and that Nose Magic is similar in a way. But in fact, as I read, that dent is within the skin and not at all in the cartilage of the nose. And that's true enough. I wear lenses and use glasses only at the weekend. The dents appear, but go away within a few hours. I suppose long term wearers of glasses will notice the dent takes longer to fade. I was thinking, initially, that this may be a nice novelty gift. I am thinking I'll go with something else now, like a nice eyeshadow set by Benefit. They have some beautiful ones. That's a much better gift, one that will also distract from the nose :D. Not that she really needs it, as her nose is really fine. 

I own Nose Magic. To be honest, I purchased it mainly out of curiosity and also did not think it would have any effect on my nose. I was not all that happy with my nose but had come to accept that I could not do much about it. So, although the manufacturer claims that you will notice a change in the shape of your nose after two weeks of using it 15 minutes every day, that did not happen for me. Though it feels weird, I kept on using it. After around two months, I kid you not, my nose was more slender and pointier. So does it work? It worked for me even though I was very much not expecting that. It did not give results anywhere near as fast as they said it would, but it also didn't turn out to do nothing. Conclusion: it is not a scam but you need to be patient.

Wow, really? I wasn't gonna reply to this thread at all 'cause frankly, it was a no brainer to me that something like this, yeah, which is basically nothing more than a piece of plastic you clip onto the nose and shove up your nostrils, could make any difference whatsoever. So yeah, I was in the scam camp. If you're like an actual genuine user and not some ad bot, LOL, which I think you are 'cause you were pretty open about the whole thing taking much longer than expected, I'm impressed. I'm not at the stage where I'm about to go try this out or anything, but I am like woooow, Nose Magic actually works? OK. Thanks for mentioning that. Pretty cool stuff.

I too tried nose magic and it didn't do anything for me. I didn't stick with it long, mind you, because it simply felt too weird, like being tortured or something. It is not that it is especially painful, it just feels strange and inhibiting somehow. So I tried a week or so of it, did not see any difference in the appearance of my nose, and never got it out again. I think I'd rather have a nose job which at least is definitely over after the operation. I do have other sensory issues as well so that probably has something to do with it. But no, nose magic sure isn't for everyone.

People will just go to ridiculous lengths to sell products, won't they? It's ridiculous, really. Of course Nose Magic is a scam, just like so many other cosmetic enhancement products are scams, even creams like snail gel fall into that area in my not so humble opinion. With so many products flooding the market, being a critically minded consumer has never been this important. Don't be sheeple, be people and do your research before ordering something that obviously won't work. The other rule is that if it defies common sense, it won't work.

What?!? I have never heard of such a thing. OK, I just had a look at their website and it looks like my physical appearance could be enhanced by this if it worked the way they say it does, but I don't trust them one little bit. I think you could do some permanent damage to yourself by using this Nose Magic device. Do you really want to risk that? It looks painful too and outright creepy, with the bits that are inserted into your nostrils. I do not know whether it is a scam but it does sound like a bad idea.