I had a facelift and chin implant 3 weeks ago, and my chin looks very large and bulbous. I think the surgeon didn't use the right size. He said the implant was scalable and that he cut it down from 12mm to 8mm's. I have a small face and think the 8mm's was still too big. My chin is bulbous and has lots of protrusion. My neck and face have a lot of swelling, but the bulbous chin is what makes me look really freaky. My doctor said that the chin will recede by 40%, but it has already been been 3 weeks since I had the surgery. Does anyone know if he is giving me the right information? I am worried. Debating on getting the chin implant removed. :'(

3 weeks really is about the norm for swelling to come down. I am so sorry that it didn't turn out like you wanted. I've been in and out of the surgery room quite a few times and am nervous for the outcome every time. The doc has been telling you right, I have a few resources that can show you an average time that swelling usually goes down.

Wish you luck!
~Joan~

**edited by moderator ** web addresses not allowed**

I'm not very sure if it is too late, but you may want to verify your surgeon's credentials and record and see if other patients have complained about the same problems. Yes, three weeks is about average, but the healing process takes time and patience. On the other hand, you should find out if he has successfully performed this surgery before.

Good luck and I hope all turns out beautifully for you!

Adieu!

I had a chin implant a week and a half ago. Swelling has gone down but pain and tenderness are still bad. Chin is WAY larger than what I wanted and am now very self conscious. Want the implant removed immediately. How soon can I do this?

Hey Chinny,

Just getting back with you regarding your chin implant. Does it look good now after 1 year ?

A chin implant is the procedure to bring balance into the face by plastic surgery. It is usually done to give emphasis to the cheekbones by altering the chin area and is usually conjoined with chin augmentation. Chin implant is a common type of facial cosmetic procedure these days, which is why chin implant recovery is not much of a problem. It usually corrects facial deformity and make the chin prominent or, in other cases, less prominent. Most patients may resume normal activities in a few days but needs to avoid any type of doings that may cause an impact to the face. For more details I suggest you may visit:

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed