Hi i'm 15 and i'm positive that i have problems. Mental and physical problems. I've known i've had them since i was very young. I was recently diagnosed with wilson's disease. For a while it was a relief that i knew what was wrong with me. But my depression has worsened... depression is a symptom of wilson's disease, but it has been 3 months since i began medication. The doctor told my parents that i should be better by now but i still feel terrible. Suicidal. They don't believe me but i go to school everyday in pain. Even the teachers have stopped putting up with me. I almost never pay attention in class anymore and i know i can. I know i'm smart. but i don't have the energy. My friends are begining to abandon me too. =[. It's like the only people who understand are the ones who have the disease.. i have no idea where to turn. The more i sleep and try to get better the more school work piles up.. and my grades decline. I feel like i want to stop caring but they keep telling me that grades are always number 1.. but why? if i tried to push limits to get better grades i'll become more sick. That's not happiness. at least i don't think. i wish i could have a break.. just one break. some time to even start getting better.. :-(

please? :-( i'm running out of ideas.

In the United States, there is a thing called an Individualized Education Plan (IEP). These exist to help students with special needs by providing them with a specialized education program.

You can learn more about an IEP en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Individualized_Education_Program>here</a>.

You may qualify for one of these; you should go to your guidance counsellor and ask about it, as well as discuss it with your parents. [/enc]

Hi there Megadude, I'm really sorry to hear that you were going such a difficult time. If you're still hanging out on the forums, I think it'd be great to hear from you and know that you're doing well. Can you please let me know how you're doing? Thanks!