I know very well how diabetes can affect any part of your body, because I have experienced many. However, lately I have noticed I have some stomach disease. Since I have never heard diabetes could affect stomach, I wonder if that is normal. That is why I would like to hear an explanation why my stomach could be upset, is that diabetes caused. A friend told me that could be possible, and it could be because I have hemodialysis, so I would like to hear professionals’ opinion about this topic.

It is true that diabetes can affect any part of the body, unfortunately but it is true. However, the good news is that you can prevent most of these problems. You could do it keeping your blood glucose, or blood sugar under control. This is done simply eating healthy, being physical active, working with your health care provider, and getting necessary screening tests. Common is problem with kidneys, so hemodialysis is done, an artificial kidney removes waste from the blood. In this procedure, a surgeon must first create an access, which is a place where blood can easily be taken from the body and sent to the artificial kidney for cleaning. Hemodialysis must be done 2 to 3 days per week, and lasts 3 to 5 hours each time, which is not easy to patients at all. The point is that blood travels through the artificial kidney, where waste products are filtered out, and then clean blood returns to the body. Hemodialysis is not perfect for everyone, but during treatments, people can have high or low blood pressure, an upset stomach or muscle cramps. As you could see, this could be a reason for your stomach diseases, and not stomach on its own.