I have a question how does gestational diabetes differ from Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes. Not so long time ago, I have heard that gestational diabetes happens in a woman who develops diabetes during pregnancy. I want to hear if my diabetes is the same as every. How does it affect baby and could it be serious?

You have to understand there are some women who have more than one pregnancy affected by diabetes that disappears after the pregnancy ends. About half of women with gestational diabetes will develop Type 2 diabetes later during their lives. If not controlled, gestational diabetes can cause the baby to grow extra large and lead to problems with delivery. This could be the problem as well for the mother and the baby. Gestational diabetes might be controlled with diet and exercise, or it might take insulin, diet and exercise. Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes often are present before a woman gets pregnant, which I believe is case with you. You have to understand if not controlled before and during pregnancy, Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes can cause the baby to have birth defects and cause the mother to have problems. Problems are high blood pressure, kidney disease, nerve damage, heart disease, or blindness. Type 1 of diabetes must be controlled with a balance of diet, exercise, and insulin. Type 2 of diabetes should be controlled with diet and exercise, or it might take diabetes pills or insulin, diet and exercise to get control.