I've had this bump go and come back about 15-20 times in the past 10 years im 28 . i drain it myself when it gets bad i take a sterile needle poke a hole and squeeze it hurts a lot and its scary how much bloody liquid comes out

well im 18 now and like when i was 16 i felt this little bump on the end of my tailbone. i never fell or hurt it at all it was just there never really thought much about it. but now i feel that the little bump seems to have gotten bigger, still dont hurt i dont understand it i hope its not cancer or anything like that i can afford anything and go no insurance. a doctop visit would cost me over 100. so can anyone reply with something. thank you.

Hey,

I have this too ( I'm 17 ) - it started out as just a small lump with no pain and it remained that way for many months. Then last week ( Christmas eve ) I came down with the cold and was stuck in bed. It started getting larger and became painful. It's still getting more painful and the swelling is still increasing. I don't want to have surgery - so I'm just going to wait till it drains itself I think. Unless I can't take the pain. I'm going to have a long hot bath at some point and see how that helps it. I tried putting a hot compress on it, and that soothed it for a little while.

Cheers!

im 16 and i have a bump on my tail bone (very top of my buttcrack.) idk what it is but i found it about a week ago. at first it wasntt bothering me but now it is more of an annoying feeling. i just want to make sure that it isnt anything serious..like cancer. if you have any information that i should hear plz email me at ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

thanks

sore bump showed up on my tailbone about a week ago. its right under the skin on my tailbone. some of you described yours and it sounds very similar. kinda hurts to sit back and hurts when i ride my bike. i lift weights 5 days a week and bike everywhere..very active and i dont sit around much so i dont know what the onset was. been telling myself ill just see if it goes away. in my past when i have gone to get minor things checked out at the doctor they have always resolved on their own. bad way to look at it?maybe but i just turned 21 and dont have insurance anymore to go get things checked out. costs alot of money. if it gets real bad ill bust out the $$$

hi there i have had two bumps under my tail bone on either side of my butt checks.At first it thought that i had pulled a muscle lifting something very heavy. I was in so much pain that very night my bumps started to swell up and very painful headaches, tiredness, no sleep.could not not sit in my car while driving or lye on my back, hard to bend down as well.so after 3 days of abnormal pain i decided to go see the doc.He told me that this has nothing to do with a bad back but it actually is a "bacterial infection" caused from sweat glands.he also suggested to me that i should lose some weight that it will help.he said when two sides of your skin rub against each other causing friction it will tend to sweat.but because the sweat has no where  to go it sits on the skin and forms bacteria.he also stated that not to try to pop it for it will be impossible and painful.it usually last from 3 days to a week before it ripens and pops.today is the fourth day it was a hell of a day working with this pain, but i pushed my self.finally it did pop i felt wetness on my underwear.i went to the bathroom  looked in a mirror, and forced the rest of the yellowish puss out by sqeezing the bump then took a shower, cleaned it with rubbing alcohol.still paining not as bad slowly after and hour it was much relief it continued to leak very little on my boxers.unfortunately When the puss poped it was a very bad odor which came from the puss almost felt like vomiting.this has happened to my 5 years ago similar symptoms kind of a coincidence that both times it occured heavy lifting was involved. putting a hot water bag on it will sooth the pain as your sleeping. other than that if your over weight lose some weight. if you have a bad sweating habit like i do, shower as much as possible, and try to use antibacterial soap. we sweat too much and these bumps that we get  usually around the pubic sweat gland areas are a result of sweat staying on the body.

good luck...

i first had thisin 2007. i went to er. i was given a vicoding and amxicillin, 2 days later swelling went down and disappeared. 

I have that same lump, it's right by the side of my tailbone, and I wondering if it's deadly. Can anyone tell me?

I just had a similar experience. I woke up this morning with a very sore tailbone. Thought I just slept on my back too long and this made it sore. When I limped out of bed I felt it and there was a lump right beside it. Within minutes of moving around it started to go away. Now it's just about gone but still a bit sore, especially to the touch. I have no idea what this could be, it's never happened before. Very odd.

I'm 20, and I've always had these lumps. I started getting them when I was about 13. I just thought that it was from sitting on very solid ground or falling. But it became so intense at random times that I knew it had to be something else. I would just deal with the pain and let it go away by itself. It would take a couple of weeks of pain for it to die down a bit, but it does come back every once and a while. At the moment, it's back and It's been the most pain I've ever had to deal with. It's so swollen that I cannot sit down. I have to lay on my side, and even still, it hurts like hell. I've never seen a doctor about it because I figured it would just go away and stay away, but they keep coming back. I was just wondering for the people who have had the surgery to have it drained, did it leave a bad scar? Or was it just a small puncture hole to drain it? I'm just worried that I'll have a bad scar if it's opened up to be drained. I am planning to see a doctor soon, but I work at a call centre and sitting in the same agonizing position every single day is taking a very big toll on it, and making it so much worse. 

I have read all your posts about these things.  Some of you do just have plain old cysts from clogged hair folicles, but some of you sound like you have been misdiagnosed.  There is a condition that often gets over looked until its too late.  It is called Hidradenitis Superativa.  I was misdiagnosed for years.  Once I had the proper diagnosis, I was stage #3 and chronic.  i am on social security and can no longer work.  The next time you guys go to a doctor, ask him if there is any connection.  If he doesn't know what this condition is (bcause some actually don't), find another doctor.  You don't want the hell I am going thru.  The infections have actually become life threatening with me a couple of times.  

hello,

i have been wondering why i have this tender bump on my tailbone.  it doesn't hurt though but it is annoying. i feel ashamed every time i get naked. it losses my self confidence and self esteem.  i want to go to see a doctor but never had a chance.  should i see a surgeon or see a dermatologist?  Thank you guys.

I have a HUGE lump by my tailbone. It has hurt for a few years and progressively gotten worse. It doesn't drain or any of that business. Help!

I think I have the same. Mines not full of drainage like everyone else's. It's as hard as a bone and I've noticed it for a few years. It hurts when I sit for a long time or walk/run alot.

I had this problem about a year ago. It got so bad I went to the emergency room where they gave me a shot, antibiotics and told me to soak in a bath with Epsom salt. It worked and popped on its own the next day. They made it clear to NOT pop it yourself. Now whenever I feel it come back, I soak in Epsom salt every night until it goes away and it works every time. Hopefully that will help everyone else who reads this.