I'm a 22 year old male, and i have a very painful bump between my anus and my tailbone, it only appeared today, and I have not fallen. Does anyone know what this is or what I should do about this (I don't really want to go to the health center, but I will if I need to). Thanks Colin.

N.B. I am not not have i ever been sexually active (so that should rulel out warts, ect.)

It sounds like a simple case of hemorrhoids. It can also be a case of anal fissure with hemorrhoids but an anal fissure is usually painful. Do you feel any pain? Did you have chance to see if you have blood in stool? Do you feel pain when you sitting?

This shouldn’t scare you to death but my recommendation is to be seen by a health care professional to give the correct diagnosis and treatment.

You can find here a lot of posts and topics regarding hemerroids, because it's pretty usual disease, actually this pain is caused by venous swelling at or inside the anal sphincter. Mostly it happens to the ppl who don't practise any phisical activities.

i also had a lump in exactly the same place

Now i have a hole in the skin between my tailbone and my rectum

made an appoint to see a doctor, don't really want to but i don't see that i have much option

i'm just curious if anyone knows that this hole could be caused by?

i'm actually very worried about this

I know this is a late reply to this question, but it really sounds like a Pylonidal Cyst. My son had the same thing when he was 17. Only he never told me about it until I saw blood on the back of his shorts and asked him what happened. He said he had a sore back there. I took him to the Dr. and within a couple weeks he was in surgery. It's a very difficult area to heal and unfortunately, he is in need of a 3rd surgery to try and close this wound. Good luck.

pilonidal cyst maybe? I have one as well, can be quite painful. Doctor told me will go away with age. Anyways google it. They usually are brought on by trauma to the buttocks and appear somewhere along your tailbone. No real good way to remove them so I was told to just cope if it wasn't too painful. Surgery is pretty serious to remove.