The Pritikin Diet is almost completely vegetarian, which I liked since I am vegetarian whole my life. Also I like that it encourages the consumption of large amounts of whole grains and vegetables. It is high in fiber, low in cholesterol, and extremely low in saturated fat, that’s why I think this diet might be the right for me. As much as I know the way my organism live and what does it needs, I think I should try with Pritiken Diet. Can you tell me more about this kind of diet?

In the late 1950s, Nathan Pritikin was diagnosed with heart disease, and soon after, he adopted a low-fat, high-fiber diet. Also he began a moderate exercise program, which dramatically improved his health. Individuals following the diet are encouraged to eat six or seven meals each day. Also they are not required to restrict portion sizes. The diet excludes nearly all processed grains and sources of all animal protein. In addition to these dietary recommendations, the Pritikin Diet includes regular exercise. Program participants are required to walk for at least 45 minutes or more each day. Many individuals follow this diet to help prevent the onset or progression of various medical conditions, most common is heart disease. Although not principally a weight loss diet, many people follow the Pritikin Diet Program to cut off unwanted pounds. In addition, numerous clinical studies conducted at the Pritikin Longevity Centers have shown that the Pritikin Diet, combined with a structured exercise program, produces weight loss.