Good day everyone.

My life is been really bad lately. I don't want to bother you with my problems, but I will tell you that because of those problems I got fat really bad and that was the main cause of some (for now small) cardiovascular problems. My good friend recommended me to try Therapeutic lifestyle changes or TLC diet program. I never have heard about it so I started to read a lot about it on the internet. I found some good and some bad things about it, so I really want to hear what is your opinion about it - is TLC diet a real thing or a scam? 

Thanks in advance. 

Good day there. It is nice that you have asked this question. I will tell you that I do know a lot of people who actually were following TLC diet program and they find it really helpful. So bunch of those positive experiences can’t be wrong, right? I really do believe that this diet program is a real thing, especially when you do know that it helped a people who are dealing with diabetes – a lot.

Tell me, what problem exactly you have and why do you want to follow this diet program, if you want at the first place?

It is a very real thing, if you ask me. Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes (TLC) is a program that can help you to lower cholesterol. The lifestyle changes include diet, exercise, weight loss, and not smoking. Your doctor will want you to follow TLC even if you are taking cholesterol-lowering medicine. And medicine will work better if you have healthy habits.

All of the things included in this program are important and therefore all of them should be followed as explained. Regular exercise is probably the most important part in overcoming high cholesterol but so is eating healthy and not smoking as well.

Hi Amy,

I have been using this diet when I had high cholesterol a few years back. I have to tell you that it worked just as fine for me.

But, if you look at it this way, it is quite logical that a program which suggests regular exercising, eating healthy food and not smoking is going to lower your cholesterol, there's no doubt about that. However, for people who don't have any of these healthy habits, it might be a bit hard at the beginning but you'll get used to it. Might be hard at the beginning but your body will thank you for it later and you are going to feel much, much better.

Hi everyone,

This is quite funny actually, I have this fat (sorry if the word is a bit harsh but she really is fat) neighbor and she comes sometimes to drink coffee with us in the yard. A few days ago she was complaining how she has been trying this diet for quite some time and didn't help her a bit, she just gained additional weight.

To get things clear, I don't think that this diet is bad, on the contrary, I believe it is very good but this lady can't even run for 50 meters. You need to follow everything the diet requires you to.

Hey guys,

Every diet which suggests losing weight in order to lower your cholesterol is a good diet. Other than that, this diet suggests a lot of other and different things so it makes it a better diet than most of the others, if not place it as the top diet.

Like others already told you, for this diet to be a success, you need someone to tell you exactly what this diet means. By this I mean that you should know what foods should you eat, for how long should you exercise and how should these exercises look like, are you allowed to drink, etc...

Good day guys. I am sorry because I haven't answered you a couple of days ago. I think that I started to be in the depression because of my current condition. A lot of things has happened one week ago, but like I already told you - I don't want to bother you with my problems. My other problems indeed. Thank you for all your answers, now I do believe that this diet program is extremely good. But I started to follow it two days ago and I need to tell you that I just can't eat it. I just can't. I don't know is this something that happens in the beginning or what, but it is hard for me to follow it. Any advice why is so?

Hey! It is definitely not a scam. I know more than 10 people who had some good benefits from this diet program. So, I don't need to tell you more about this. It is definitely not a scam. I don't know it from my own experience because I have never followed it, but I am telling you what I know from some other people's story. Now, about your question - why this happens, why this diet program is that hard to follow at the beginning, well my answer is that this is normal. When you are living one lifestyle for years it is really hard to pass to another lifestyle, right? The same thing happens with diet program. Try and be persistent at your decisions and after a while it is going to be much easier for you.