I would like to know couple of things about Borderline Personality Disorder. Is it treatable? What would be the best therapy for it? What about Cognitive behavioral therapy? Perhaps that would be the best solution; I have heard that it is effective, I would just like to know what would be the best for my friend, thank you.

Well, this is not something that can be determined right away. I guess that the proper treatment is used based on the patient, his or hers symptoms, state of the mind etc. this means that one therapy might be very effective with one patient but show very little success with the other. But, since there are several types of therapies, one should help her.

Dialectical Behavioral Therapy was developed specifically for those suffering from Borderline. Once someone is diagnosed this therapy helps that person relearn behaviors that were skewed because of the disorder. Although therapy is always individual.