Can you explain what is happening to me? All day I have been experiencing pains around my navel. When it first started to happened I thought it was gas but its not. Could you tell me what is wrong?

Nothing can be said until you see a GP and have it checked. Are you experiencing any additional symptoms like diarrhea, constipation, nausea, etc….?

A GP may decide to perform an ultrasound to look at gallbladder or liver that lie above the navel or appendix that lies under. I actually think that appendix is actually looked with a CT scan. According to your other symptoms (if there are any), a doc may suspect be irritable bowel disease or inflammatory bowel disease.

In order to look at your colon, a doc may order a colonoscopy or sigmoidoscopy to look through rectum and colon to see if everything’s in order.

They may decide to perform just a physical exam and according to this, order another diagnosing tool or even treatment.