i'm an 19 yr boy i am having difficulty in starting urination & it takes me about 10-15sec and sometimes 40 sec to start urination which really gets embarassing and i cant urinate in public places. the problem has been on for 3 yrs now i also visited a doctor but he said since i dont have other problem associated with this i should not worry but i want a reply as to what i should do to get it sorted and if there is a remedy for this problem i would like to add that my testicles also hang very low for most part of the day could this be cause of my problem

Let me ask you one thing are you frequent masturbator or you are masturbating on weekly. if your answer is yes than this is happen but if your answer is no than there is another problem

i geneally masturbate 2-3 times a week but i would add that i didn't had this problem before and it occured 2 yrs after i first masturbated but people say that its absolutely healthy and normal to masturbate

you dont have a urinary track infectiondo you ? does it hurt to pee? you may have a phobic condition called paruresis.

look it up and see if it maches what you are dealing with then let me know
thanks ;-)

no i dont think i have urinary tract infection though i havent had any test but i do not have any other problem nor does it hurt rather once i start urinating its normal.
i think paruresis is phobia while urinating when someone is there but it takes me min 10 sec all the time however the problem exaggerates when someone is waiting for me

i would have a UA (urinary analysis ) done to make sure nothing medical is going on. but paruresis also can happen in your home but usually intensifys in public places. its mainly a mental thing sometimes the harder you try to make your self go pee the longer it takes. just try to relax and pretend you are somewhere where no one is. sometimes thinking of urinating or the feeling you get when you urinate helps

does this make any sense? its kind of hard to explain ;-)