Hi, i am 24 yrs old male. 2 months ago after masturbation before bed, i suddenly have to urinate almost every 30min. The problem lessen the day after. However, the urge to urinate every 2 hours or so. So i decided to stop all sex and masturbation for about a week, and the problem stopped for a few days. I took it as a result that i have heal, so I ejaculated again. Then the problem begin again, except this time it didnt stop after a few days. I masturbated here and there (2 times a week), but no sex. The problem never went away. However, nighttime urination is almost completely gone for 9/10 days, which is GREAT, but once i wake up, its a different story. I eliminated spicy food, coffee, and alcohol. Switched my diet to clean salads and fruits with lots of fish. I also decrease the amount of red meat intake and tried my best to eliminate sugar and simple carbs.

I also went to two doctors and one urologist. They checked my blood twice and my urine twice, as long as an ultrasound of my abdominal. Everything came out clean and clear. No traces of blood or an infection. The urologist and the doc both told me to take Sanctura XR. I took it for about 3 weeks, but it was quite useless and worthless. So i stop taking it. In addition, it seems as though alot of major movements may instigated, and sometimes sitting down may instigate it, but its all 50/50 and not 100percent there. As mention before, towards the late evenings, the problem decreases.

So last month i went on without any ejeculation for 3 1/2 weeks straight. The problem did not go away, but did improve with rare days that I have to go alot (once an hour). Mostly every 2-3 hours is the norm. Mostly after the gym with cardio and weight lifting, i can last 3-4hours.

BUT, for an active male, 3 1/2 weeks is a long time, so obviously I got a wet dream, and the symptoms went back to worst again with nighttime urination(thankfully it only happened for two nights). For the last 3 days i begin taking saw palmetto twice a day. 450mg each time. Too early to tell the difference.

From my research, i may have a swollen prostate, but who knows, any help would be great. I am arranging time to see the urologist again to tell him my new findings, but these 2 months has been UNBEARABLE!

thanks beforehand!

Hi hon! As I was reading your symptoms, the 1st thing that popped in my mind was an enlarged prostate! I would DEFINITELY like you to ask for a prostate exam!!! It's a bit embarrassin for guys, BUT just like a vaginal scope for women this IS about your health! There are many products on the market for prostate problems so please get checked out, and let me know how you make out OK? I googled your symptoms and they all pointed towards enlarged prostate!]]

http://www.webmd.com/prostate-cancer/enlarged-prostate

http://health.nytimes.com/health/guides/disease/enlarged-prostate/overview.html

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Urology/Problems-urinating-after-ejaculation/show/226090?forums=forums

Also this is a great site about Kiegals Exercises for you to do - just like women do too! Check this out

http://www.herballove.com/library/resource/prematureejaculation/kegelexercise.asp

Please let me know how you make out OK? Good luck and health honey1

Thank you very much for your reply. I am going to the urologist on Tuesday to tell him all this. Will update soon!

The prostate is a bit of a mystery organ from what I've been told and read. In fact my last 2 urologists said that chronin non-bacterial prostatitis is just a fancy way to say i don't know what's wrong. Ha hah, glad it seems funny to them...idiots ;-) A urologist is a good route to go to rule out anything serious, but most will admit there's nothing you can do about CPPS/CNBP. To often the throw antibiotics, painkillers, and alph blockers at it only to create other problems in your body. If it continues, I'd make sure to see a naturopath; that was the only way I started to see relief after about 2-3 yrs with my problem. Most people don't expect much from them, but mine worked miracles with me and I finally feel relief.

Now, I should also mention that a lot of the frequent urination sensations in these circumstances are made worse by the stress of worrying. They can also get worse if you don't drink enough. I've been to the hospital so many times swearing that my bladder is full and I can't empty it only to find it's empty and yet I still feel the urge to go. That's my irritated prostate :-( I'd get home and start drinking normally and things would gradually settle

I'm not a medical professional and I can only speak from personal experience, so please just take what I've said into consideration if you find out it's prostatitis.

Things that worked for me (not meant to be taken continuously)

Unda 38 - prostate decongestant
Prarie Naturals Prost-Force - high quality prostate supplement
Provantex Relexin - CNBP pill

Lastly, I switched to drinking alkaline or reverse osmosis water which made a huge difference in my prostate health. I also cut out alcohol, anything caffeinated, heavily seasoned food, and really sugary stuff like pop.

Hope that helps :-)

Hi Trini, can you tell me where you could find a naturopath? I am located in Connecticut and I'd be interested in seeing one if you could point me towards one. Thanks!

Hmmm, can't say really; I'm not in the U.S.. Try doing an internet searches for ND's in Conneticut and see what comes up.
They all practice different methods, mine uses auricular medicine and some process using 2 electrodes. Keep in mind that the mind is very powerful and if you don't believe it'll work, it probably won't. Ex. People have heart attacks from stress all the time, which in otherwise healthy individuals is caused by the mind and nothing else ;-) Your mind is very powerful and can definately makes symptoms worse or remedies not work.

Nothing wrong with you! Eliminate PORN FROM YOUR DIET!!!!!!! 2. Dont masturbate too often and do not do it too hard because that will irritate your urethra and will make you freqently urinate for a day or 2 until irritation calms down. Relax, Avoid stress, enjoy life, get a girlfriend and your problem will disappear.

Believe me I had all these problems and now they are gone! General practicioners dont know much about this issue and will not be able to help you as this is not a physical nor mental problem. There are indeed people out there that do need medical attention but THIS IS NOT YOUR CASE> Stop watching porn!!! because in your case it irritates urethra and makes you go pee. Avoid taking pills as they will not do you any good. Take care of your penis do not abuse him. Give him some break. Hard stroking of your penis is also harmful as it causes your irritation,. and last get a GIRLFRIEND! and your problems will disappear. GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Hi hpvs17, I got same problem as what you have on your post, did the saw palmetto help you to ease the symptoms?

Drink a 2 glass of water about 10 minitutes prior to sex. after doing the ejaculation, go to the toilet and urinate. at one shot you will urinate almost the whole 2 glass of water. i am doing it. you also try it will help.

I've suffered from digestive and genito-urinary problems for more than 9 years. Now I'm trying total celibacy. After a month I am not healed yet. But I will persevere to see if this works ...

I disagree with masterbating is your problem. Ive had this problem my whole life. Right after having sex i have to urinate every 15 minutes and that will last a few days. It stops me from wanting to have sex with my wife more than once a week. Any kind of ejaculating causes this. Its horrible. I feel for you buddy. Btw im 40 years old and hve been dealing with this since im 13. People always said its masturbating when i was young but hapoens with sex to.

Any Update on your condition

Hi, i am 24 yrs old male same problem I have faced for about six months i suddenly have to urinate almost every 30min saw my doctor many times and tested urine ,blood and ultrasound all reports came normal. this problem is begin after masturbation not after wet dream at nite most of the doctor said to me it is UTI taking too much medicine but no use.??

Lol you tell him to avoid stress then you say get a gf..which is it? .can't have both lol