%-) I am a 36 year old woman with a 19 month old little girl. I was recently diagnosed with chronic pancreaitis. My guestion is may I still have a baby? Also another guestion, may I still drink wine at dinner? Also one more guestion, will this eventuallly turn into cancer of the pancreas and if so about what are the statistics of my age being when it turns and if? Thanks, Tammy Sanderson

On April 12th i was discharged from hospital after 7 long months. I was diagnosed with Cronic Pancreaitis. The dangerous sysytoms were, as follows: Acute kidney and liver failure, 1 collapsed lung and 1 flooded lung, swallen galbladder full or rocks, 2 comas, inflammed bowel syndrome, had 3 mass abdominal handbag drains, non-stop nausea that wriped the stomach lineing, total body muscle loss twice and a a D.V.T & pulnary embolism, minor stroke due to lack of oygen to the brain and then i got c-diff and total body0blood septicsemia. No one konws why i gat it, as i was totally healthy the day before it started. I do not drink, smoke or ever done drugs. I am a health finatic.

The question about alcohol is NO, none at all, even the slightest will set you off, it is a chance you are taking, I even steer clear of alcohol based mouth wash, I have had 13 attacks in two 1/2 years, so I am a bit of a career victim of thi I have too Chronic Pancreatitis, It is debilitating, the chances of it turning intio cancer are really slim unless you have psuedocysts etc. Unlike myself I have scarring of the tissue in the organ my chances are better than anyone with as little as one or two attacks of this. A low fat diet is a must, I was advised to stay with in aor below the range of 30 grams of fat per day, and nver to exceed 50, that would be puching it. Diet plays a MAJOR role in this disease for sure, and Alcohol will continue you to have attack after attack trust me. BTW I am a 31 YO male.

I am a 29 y/o female. My first attack of Acute necrotizing pancreatitis was when I was 24 and 34 weeks prego with my daughter. they took her emergency C-section and I went into multi system organ failure. I was in ICU for 2 weeks and then in the hospital for another 7 months that first year. I progressed into chronic pancreatitis and had "too many psuedocysts to count" at least that is what the CT scan report said. I've had 10 surgeries in the last 4 years. I finally had a total pancreatectomy and islet cell transplant. before that I was unable to get out of bed due to the severe chronic pain, and intractable vomiting. I was on IV feedings of TPN and on IV narcotics at home as well as IV phenergan for the nausea.
So now, 7 months after my total pancreatectomy and islet cell transplant everything is different. The pain is down to very manageable. The pain that I have left is just from scar tissue and adhesions. My narcotic use has been decreased 90% and I'm hoping to be able to taper it down to not using anything. I no longer vomit all the time and instead of throwing up 6-7 times a day it is now once a week... if that.
I am getting my life back. I can eat pretty much what I want, just in small amounts. I eat frequently, just very small meals. I am not diabetic. The islet cells from my pancreas are now in my liver and making insulin from there. They don't even know they aren't in the pancreas. I have to take digestive enzymes everytime I eat, but that's no big deal b/c I had to do that before the surgery anyways. The surgery was one huge miracle for me.