Im writing this for my father, 3 weeks ago, he was in the hospital because he had low sodium, on top of that he had pain in the abdominal area. He stayed for about 2weeks and lost 20lbs. Doctors had him a strict diet with basically jello and broth soup. They tried almost every test from MRI to Cat-scan to Ultrasound,Sonogram. Then they did the endoscopy and found sludge in the pancreas. The following day he had it the sludge removed and all went well. He started feeling better but he still feels weak and doesn't have much of an appetite, and the little that he does eat is pretty much fat free. However the pain has started 2 days after from being home, its not as severe but he still has pain. Throughout the day he doesn't feel hungry and feels full. He is also diabetic. What is causing this pain? 

Hello John51..First and foremost, bringing this up to your fathers doctor is most crucial..I personally have chronic pancreatitis and some of the symptoms you have stated your father is experiencing sound "normal" for pancreatitis or pancreatic issues. When mine is acting up, I am told not to eat, but clear liquids only until the pain is better and to slowly increase my diet to a liquid diet, then low fat, soft type diet, etc...by doing this it is allowing the pancreas to take a "rest" and not work so much so it can heal..the pain associated with it can vary from extreme to mild depending on the person and severity. I hope that your father feels better soon and please check in with doc as soon as you can to update him on how your father is doing. BTW..I was  in the hospital for 9 weeks due to my pancreas leaking and causing me to get retro-peritoneal abcesses which made me deathly ill..so I had to baby along my pancreas and it takes time and listening to what the doctors tell you to do...I found that having good communication with the doctors was very important and a large part of my recovery. Good Luck!!!

Thanks for the response. Yesterday He had another procedure done and they sucked more sludge blocking the duct of the liver. He was turning yellow and I had gotten worried. The procedure went well, However he had some pain after he woke up They also put a stent in the duct, that will later have to come out after 5-6 months. Im just worried because he has to start chemotherapy but the doctors said he has to gain weight. But he has lost his appetite.

Pan crease inflammation acutely