I'm just curious, but I keep having a bad odor with discharge that normally comes out kinda whitish but turns my panties brown. Why is this? Could I have a bactrial vagnosis infection and not know?

Hi. :-) It sounds to me like you may have a yeast infection, which is very common in pregnancy. I would suggest wearing cotton panties and making sure you dry off completely after a shower. These things should help, however you also need to speak to your Ob/Gyn doctor and see about getting something to treat it. Good luck to you and Congrats on your lil bundle of joy!

Jeannine

Well, vaginal yeast infections do not normally have a bad odor. They may have a slightly yeasty smell, but most people would not describe that as unpleasant. I would sooner suspect bacterial vaginosis, which can of course happen during the third trimester of pregnancy as well as at any other time. Bacterial vaginosis does not always have obvious symptoms, and you may have caught onto something subtle.

In either case, you have discovered a vaginal symptom that concerns you and that may be due to something that needs treatment. I can only say that you do need to see your OBGYN and tell them what is happening.