I am 16 years old and earlier this morning i started to get some brown discharge. I've never had it before and I'm not due to have my period in another 2 weeks. It doesnt smell bad at all, it actually has no smell or a very faint sweet smell. Also, there is no itching or swelling. What is going on?

Are you on birth control pills?

This is very common if you happen to be on your first few months of brith control pills =)

OR..... If your peirod is due in 2 weeks, you are probably ovulating =) WHEN women ovulate, sometimes a little bleeding CAN happen.

Hey, to anyone who replies.
I have been dealing with painful urination since 2007 october. I have gone to the doctors and they have treated me for evreything from chlamidia to UTI's to yeast infections, EVERYTHING. Just this last 4 months I have had painful back pains. They gave me an ultra sound and everything came out clear for my kidneys and bladder. Now just in the past 2 weeks, I have had a foul smelling discharge and its a liquid brown. It smells really bad almost like rotten meat, or poop.

I know this sounds so bad and I don't know what else to do. I have a gyno appt in febuary, and Im going to the doctors tommorow about the dishagre, but im so scared, and I want all this pain to go away.

Anyone who has advice or knows of anything like this, please reply. Thank you so much

Claire, ON

I would say Chronic Bacterial Vaginosis, since you've had it since 2007. It happens when your bodies natural vaginal bacteria overgrows. It's easily treatable with oral medication or vaginal creams. The symptoms such as smell, discharge, etc will go away. The thing about Bacterial Vaginosis is that it comes back whenever it feels like. What you're describing really sounds like bacterial vaginosis. I would go to a different doctor for a second opinion and ask him to check you specifically for bacterial vaginosis. It doesn't always fall under one type of bacteria. If you are sexually active you might notice that rotting meat smell even more along with creamy/lotion like discharge coming from you on your boyfriends penis when he pulls out. If you go to a doctor, state specifically that it smells like rotting or decaying meat. That will send up a red flare and they should imediately know. The first time I experienced the horrible smell of rode kill or my crotch expiring kind of smell.. I knew there was something wrong. I came up negative for infections also until the bacterial vaginosis was worse. I guess my body is just sensitive enough to know something was wrong before the doctors did. Best of luck. I hope I helped you out. OH yeah - and bacterial vaginosis is not a sexually transmitted disease, meaning that you wouldn't have to mention it to your boyfriend if you didn't want to and get it things treated on your own. OH & condoms can help your body out with trying to level out the bacteria. Having sex without wearing condoms can make it worse b/c it throw off the balance of bacteria in your vagina. One thing I learned from NEVER using them. Call and make an appointment and they can explain the whole nine yards. ^_^ Have a good one.

I have the same issue as the girl above, I am 16 and I have brown/dark brown discharge and I want it to stop. i am a virgin and my period has been a little irregular recently. is there any thing you know of that can help me? i want it to stop, it has ruined three of my favorite thongs ):