My brother is a distance runner beginner. He started training 2 months ago and, at least for now, he looks very satisfied. He is not a member of any athletic club, but he has some friends there, so anything he needs to know about training, he asks them. Anyway, I am also thinking about starting running, but I'm seriously considering joining athletic club. It looks as if I'll be more into training if I'm with several other people who are training the same thing. What do you think?

Well, it all depends. Do you want to be a competitor or just an amateur runner? In both case you will have to learn basics on breathing, feet work, and stuff like that. If you want to participate in running races, then athletic club is a logic solution. If you are just looking to get in a good shape and build stamina and some strength, then you could do it on your own or, why not, with the help from your brother.