Last few weeks I have had evil pain in my right side. On the beginning it wasn’t so terrible, but now I just can’t handle it any more. I think this evil pain can’t be good so I am really worried. My mother told me I should visit the doctor maybe that is appendicitis. I don’t know what that is, but I wonder if that is easy to treat because I want to get rid of this evil pain.

Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, which is a worm-shaped pouch that projects from the cecum. Anyone can get appendicitis, so it is the most common reason for emergency abdominal surgery. Appendicitis is most likely to occur between ages of 10 and 30. It occurs most often in boys between the ages of 10 and 15 and girls 15 to 20. It is less common complication for an elderly and infants. An inflamed appendix can become so swollen that it ruptures. This causes spilling its infected contents into the abdominal cavity. This can cause a life threatening infection which is called peritonitis. Diagnosis of appendicitis is based upon a physical examination and the symptoms. The doctor will ask you about the location of the pain and how long you have it. Appendicitis is treated with surgery, based on removing the appendix, called an appendectomy.