I have been having a myriad of symptoms that have remained unexplained thus far, but have got me very worried about my health. The latest symptom, which is of great concern to me, is a dizziness I keep getting after lunch. Sometimes the dizziness is so bad that I feel like passing out. Can this possibly be a sign of diabetes? Or what are your thoughts about possible reasons for dizziness after eating?

That is how mine started out..to the point of almost blacking out, even when I was laying down. But since diagnosed back in Sept 2009 I have been taken off the meds because I am now controlling it with diet and exercise.

Hi there,
Diabetes is very problematic condition that can affect all aspects of your life. However dizziness after eating is not only symptom of diabetes. There several more like blurred vision or increased urination. Weight loss and feeling fatigue are also symptoms of diabetes. If you notice any of these symptoms accompanied with the dizziness after you eat you should test your blood sugar level. The thing is that this test is not complicated and you can do it very quickly even at home if you maybe have blood sugar tester. Dizziness after eating might be also related to abnormal blood pressure. Have you considered this as an option? Also if you feel dehydrated all the time you should do blood sugar test.