I have had unprotected sex a few times over the last month and a half with my boyfriend. Normally, I wouldn't worry due to prior difficulties gettin pregnant, but I've been having some odd symptoms that make me wonder. My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex every few days for a few weeks, and then I got close to when I would start my period. No symptoms came. Then, about 2 days before I would normally start, I had some spotting, so I thought it was the start of my period, just a little earlier than normal (I'm usually pretty routine on the day I start). My "period" only lasted a day and a half, and it was light to maybe moderate bleeding for one day, and then just light spotty bleeding for a few hours the next day. I have also been dealing with nausea, fatigue, dizziness, nightmares every night, vertigo, sore breasts, body aches and headaches. Last week (about a two days after the end of the "period") I had a urine test done at the doctor's office, which came back negative. I have since started taking vicodin, and I did have an increase in some of the symptoms, but after adjusting to the medication, the original symptoms are back. I feel a "pressure" in my abdomen, I'm using the bathroom more frequently, and I have had odd pressure-like cramping from my lower back forward. I also have leg cramps, but I eat plenty of bananas and drink about 6 16 oz bottles of water a day, as well as a daily vitamin. I have been checked out by a doctor seperately from this, and all my blood work and routine tests says I am free from infection. A pregnancy test was not included in the blood work that was done. These are all new symptoms for me, and they all started prior to taking the pain medication, so I'm left wondering: Could I be pregnant?

Oh, and I forgot to mention the ones that caught me most offguard:

The mere idea of eating some of my favorite foods makes me physically ill, certain smells send a wave of nausea and dizziness, and even chewing gum has brought me to the verge of being sick. The feeling of anything pressing against my skin around any of my now-very noticeable veins sends nauseating pain throughout my body, and even putting deodorant on in the mornings causes a sickening not-quite-pain sensation... I have had spells of nearly blacking out, and my joints are achy and almost rubber-band feeling... I just feel odd.

Hi there, it sounds like it's possible that you could be pregnant but when I was reading, I didn't see that you'd done a pregnancy test. Have you done one yet? I think that would be a good idea. What do you think?

I had a urine test at my doc office last Tues. and it was negative...

I'm sorry, I skipped over that apparently! The urine test is not as accurate as the blood test, and it usually cannot detect pregnancy hormones as early. If you want to be certain, wait another week and take another urine test or go in this week to take a blood test. Does that make sense?