In the middle of the night I will wake up to let the dog out...as soon as I go back to bed...dizziness started. It happened now twice this week. Though dizziness is gone but I still feel light headed during the day like I have a hang over. Also Im not sure if acid reflux is related but I'd been having on/off acid reflux almost everyday now for a whole month. Im not working...no insurance at the moment so pls. I appreciate if someone can give me some advice on this matter. Thank you!

Hi Jarcenia - I'm actually going through a similiar situation. Approx. 4 weeks ago I was in Dubai/India and caught a stomach virus. Since returning home, I wasn't feeling well. (a lot of burping, discomfort after eating, lightheaded, dizzyness, trouble breathing after eating, pain behind my ribs). One day last week I woke up with the worst vertigo you could imagine. I lifted my head, and everything was spinning around me. Needless to say, I could not make it to work.

Since I've never had anything like that before and was concerned, I went to the Dr who told me I had acid reflux (too much acid in my stomach). She said the acid causes vertigo/dizzyness. I also feel lightheaded during the day at work..which she was was caused by the acid build up. She put me on Prilosec to fight the extra acid.. I'm feeling a lot better in terms of burping a lot less, no pain after eating, no pain behind my ribs. However, I had dizzyness and rapid heartbeat. which I think was caused from eating a donut and hot chocolate (which are both No-Nos with our condition).

So, I believe your dizzyness is a result from the acid reflux.. if you can see a Dr. at a walkin clinic or purchase over the counter acid reducer meds. Either way, I think it's important to get to a doctor if it doesn't go away soon..

Good luck!