Hiyaa, I have jus turned 17 and im about 8 stone and im a UK size 8. I have recently been on a diet where i was eatin hardly anything, but it worked and i lost about 10 pounds in 2 weeks. My mates and family all say my body is fine but im really not happy with how i look, i seriously look in the mirror and think im obese. sometimes i get so upset i dont come out of the house all day... like today! I get stomach pains because i try not to eat alot but its worth it. Im thinking of carrying on my diet and getting to about 7 stone, i myt try dieting tablets but im quite nervous about the tablets. What do you think i should do? do you think im too fat for my age?? plus.. has anybody used slimming tablets before??

xxx

what is a stone

there is 14 pounds in a stone i think. plz can some one help me bcoz no one is replying. :-(

Hey,

You are only 8 stone which is fantastic, you should be really pleased. I am currently 10 stone and I am trying so hard to get back down to just above 8. You really should not take diet pills they are rubbish! They will probably help you lose weight but you'll just gain it again once you stop. If you really want to lose weight try a calorie controlled diet of between 1250-1500 and regular exercise. But just remember the thinner you get the easier it is to get ill and the harder to recover. Just try and be happy with who you are and love yourself, look in the mirror and remind yourself of the good bits of you and also have a look at your clothes labels, how can you be fat if you are wearing a smaller size!

Unless you are very short, 8 stone isn't overweight. How tall are you?

It is not about losing weight. If you are unhappy with your body, what you need to do is tone up.

Exercise is the key. Go running, swimming, cycling, join a gym, go to aerobics classes... All those kinds of things will make a different to how you look. You may put on a little weight as you tone up, but this is because muscle weighs more than fat.

Do you have a tape measure handy? Measure around your waist (thinnest part, usually around where your belly button is), hips (widest part) and thighs.

If you exercise, you will notice a difference in these measurements.

After all, it's more about how healthy you are and how you look than how much you weigh. My mom is heavier than me, but she looks slimmer because she is toned.

Don't try dieting tablets. One, you don't need them, and two, you will just put the weight back on again. Not that you need to lose weight anyway.

To be honest, I think you're just overreacting, honey. I'm fifteen, 5'3" and 9st 8lbs, and I'm not overweight. I'd love to be 8st. Your family and friends are right. You're perfect as you are.

you dont want to weigh 7 stone. its unhealthy. i have a friend that who weighs that and shes been in and out of hospital because she keeps collapsing from lack of food. its called anorexia and its dangerous, 8 stone is a great weight so just leave it at that or youll end up like my mate, having to see dieticans and phyciatrists and being in hospital being given food on a drip. :!: :!:

you are not fat atall 8 stone that is actully really skinny for your age i ma 13 and weigh 9 stone and i and not fat but i weigt that much and i want to get a bit of belly fat off and i dont know how so be proud coz i dont think i will ver be 8 stone again

I think that you've got a good attitude about it. If you want ot get rid of belly fat, the best thing you can do is try walking or doing some sort of cardio exercise, but try eating the same amount you do now. Don't eat more. Does that help at all? Have you done any exercising?

o.O ARE YOU KIDDING!!!!!!!! I would kill to get to 8 stone. Your not Fat Your pretty skinny How can you look at your self and see that. Please dont starve yourself or anything youl ruin it when you get to figure you want by starving when you eat again youl put it all on but more!!! Your not FAT your family dont say you are unlike mine constantly telling me that Im Fat im 12 btw! Your not Fat. FAT IS 20 STONE under 10 stone is skinny or normal weight. I may be young but i know what im talking about your not Fat :-)

Well let me say that who the heck cares if you're fat? Fat isn't a bad thing! It's just a way to describe your body. Fat doesn't mean ugly or sweaty or lazy or anything else like that. It just means you're not skinny. What do you think?

youve got it wrong, its unhealthy to be that weight, depending on your hight, build etc, im 18 about 5'11, and i just about weigh 12 stone, thats my average weight for someone my size at this age, you have weight issues, if it does that to you then i suggest you seek councelling.

Hope...
Please please help me. How exactly did you lose 10lbs in 2 weeks. Im 8stone 10lbs, and I really really really want to weigh 8 stone. I was 9 stone, and lost 4lbs but ive hit a wall and my weight just wont come off. did you just not eat anything, or did you just eat a really low calorie diet and what were the effects???. I wouldnt normally support drastic weight loss in a short amount of time, but i really need to lose weight its important for my audition so please please help. Also I really dont think you should try to get down to 7 stone, 8stone is perfect, and you'll start to lose your muscle. I understand how you feel completely but you shouldnt try to go beyond your healthy weight:) xxx

I think ur nuts, and you have obvious symptoms of an eating disorder. Those people look in the mirror and see a really fat person even though they're too skinny. Thats you. I hope you're not more than 5.5 ft, or you must look like a skeleton. Cop on and focus on something more productive like college or work.

8 stone is nothing! I don't know how tall you are, and "stones" initially mean nothing to me because I'm from the states, but after realizing that that's about 112 pounds.. Unless you are 3 feet tall, you are not overweight. We, here on this forum, can have no idea if you are underweight or overweight, because we are not your doctor. I am only 5' 5'' and have weighed as much as 160 pounds. That's more than 11 stones! But even when I weighed that much, I would ask my doctor if I should lose weight, and she said it wasn't necessary. That I could lose ten pounds, but that I was healthy. Why? Because that's my body type and I've always had a lot of muscle, and probably just have heavy bones or something. No one believes how much I weigh. I often do think that I'm fat, because our culture associates weights with health and fat, but it's all on an individual basis. My best friend is the same height and weighs around 8 stone. Right now I weigh about 145 pounds. So she's about 30 pounds less than me, but both of us are completely healthy. If I weighed as little as her, I would be very unhealthy. If she weighed as much as me, she would be unhealthy. Consult your doctor if you're wondering about your weight. Don't stop eating. That is not a diet. That's a disease. And it will make it hard for you to think about anything else other than avoiding food, and how can you enjoy life that way? If you're in a movie, but you're concentrating on not eating your friend's popcorn, if you're at a ballet and your stomach's growling, if you're tired all day because you couldn't sleep the night before because you were too hungry... It's hard to enjoy life that way. So eat healthy foods, but keep eating. Love yourself. Have fun and enjoy life. :-)

I need to control myself! im bloody 11 and im 7stone 6 But im tall i feel really bad about myself, how would i use the diet quantities? im too shy to jog around bolton,maybe go to gym and use tread mill everyday?