It is springtime. Sun is shining. Birds are singing. I am sitting in my room and staring through the window glass. My mother goes out every morning to buy me syrup and handkerchiefs. When she comes back, she is smiling. She takes in the grains fallen from a tree. She says it brings her luck. My face goes red. My eyes go blurry. I start to sneeze and cough, my arms become itchy. I haven't got enough strength to chase my stupid mother with her bloody flower out of the room. Tell me; is there any human solution to this insupportable seasonal pollen allergy?

I understand your trouble, only I am forced to suffer from it in the fall. During my three months I take that popular anti-allergic medication called Allegra. Things are better than they used to be, but some old habits never disappear. I mean, my mother's habits are the same. She still won't let me go out when I want to. She still keeps windows closed at night so the substances of mold can't drift through. We have an air conditioner, but she won't turn it on, because I might catch cold. She won't allow me to drive, because then I might open my windows and breathe in the pollen substances. I sit in my room, fat and paranoid, wishing I were sick again.