Hello there guys. So I am very concerned about my friend. He is 38 years old and he is really amazing. He helped me a lot during my divorce and some other tragedies in my life. Now I am not going to talk about his problem a lot, but he seems really depressed lately so I really want to help him. Here is how. I want to know one answer to one, very simple question and I do know that you will be able to help me. Can you tell me - do bipolar spouse still loves you even though they keep leaving?

Hi Guest,

Well, this is quite a hard question actually. I don't think that even the person that is suffering from bipolar disorder knows this. They change moods really fast, one moment they are happy and overexcited, and in the next they are sad, scared, and thinking about suicide.

As their mood changes, so do their feelings. At one moment they love you, you are their everything, they'd stay with you for the rest of their lives, and in the next they don't think that you are the right person for them, and they can easily leave you. I don't know what would my answer to your question be, really.

Kind of a funny question actually. I've been living with my girlfriend for 2 years (I knew that she had bipolar disorder) and then she left me one day, just like that. I never got an answer on why did she do it, and I kept asking myself ever since if she ever really loved me. We have planned to get married, to have kids, we even got the names for them already. And one day, she just wasn't there anymore. I never heard from her ever again, nor did I ever hear anything about her from our mutual friends, she just disappeared.

Yeah, you never really know about these people. They don't know it themselves. They keep switching moods so fast and without a proper reason that it is very hard for them as well. I had a friend suffering from this and she told me that she doesn't want to live like this anymore, that she can't handle. It has became too big of a pain for her, hurting herself and other people around her. She moved to live in the mountains on one of the farms there. I saw her once after all of this, she said that she is doing okay but she is still avoiding contact with people.

You got me intrigued by your post, Eating Boss. Now I am wondering if my girlfriend could have done the same thing as your friend did. But I mean, if she doesn't want to be found, why would anyone want to search for her, right? It wouldn't make any sense.

God, I hope that she is okay. She was and always will be a good person if you ask me, she is one of those people who make you think that world is not such a bad place after all. It is too sad that this had to happen to her.

You need to understand that if she really did that, it is what is best for her. If it wasn't, if she thought that it was better for both of you to stay together, you would have stayed together, trust me on this one. These people are very insecure but once they decide to do something like this, they are not going to change their mind. I actually think that she does love you, she loves you so much that she knew that the best thing for you would be for her to leave, and that's exactly what she decided to do.

Hey there guys. So here I am again, and nothing has changed. I think that situation is even worse than ever. My friend is really worried and he told me exactly the same thing like someone from you wrote - my friend, it is hard but it is true that you never know how to deal with people like them. Now, I understand what he wanted to tell me. I don't know anything about this, I didn't even know that something like this is possible until he told me. So I came here and I saw that he is not the only one who is dealing with problems like this. But I am still looking for some advice... Tnx.

Hey there. You are totally right, your friend is not the only one who is dealing with this problem. Like you mentioned, you don't know how to deal with people like them. One day they are amazing, the next day they are leaving you. One guy that I knew had a partner and they were also very happy, he accepted her but she was obviously really bad so she also dumped him. Since that day, he hasn't found a new girl for himself. He is scared and he accepted his ex the way she was. He never heard anything about her again.

I lot of people doesn't have a clue what are the bipolar disorders. it is true that they have so many faces and those people can be amazing in one moment, and next moment they are so confusing, devastating. They are really disappointing as well. The main problem is because you can't never tell what is going on with them exactly. What is their main problem. They don't want to talk about ti. Your question is something that nobody can answer you. There is no cure for it. At one moment, they have so many good qualities and the next moment, you can't stand them. Nobody can't tell you does she love him despite she is leaving him...It is hard to tell.

I agree with you, Guest. Some of them won't admit to their partners that they are bipolar. But it is very easy to recognize them, when you are observing their behavior. For example, racing thoughts, rapid speak, bad concentration, low self - confidence, bad decision making, sexual promiscuity, hallucinations - those are just some of the sings that you are dealing with bipolar person. I agree again with you Guest, it is hard to tell does this person love you. Sometimes when I think about that guy who had bipolar partner, I am wondering did she ever loved him. I think that he is asking himself this question over and over again.