Hi everyone

I have been looking at the Xtend Life day moisturiser. I know many people really love their Xtend Life products, but before I buy this product I am wondering what experiences other people have had with this moisturiser in terms of acne, oily skin, dry skin, or other changes or side effects. I'm looking for a product that hydrates my skin without breaking it out. I'm also a little concerned that there is no SPF in this cream, meaning I would have to use a separate SPF. 

So, if you use the Xtend Life day moisturiser, please let me know what you think!

No. I got the Xtend-Life Day Cream as a gift and was excited to try it. Let me say it feels too sticky and creamy on your skin, it did not sink in well at all for me, and after using it around a week I started what would be the worst breakout of my life. I am not normally someone who gets pimples. It even took me a while to associate the day cream with my pimples, but when I did, I stopped using it immediately and within two weeks my skin was normal again. I will not be buying this cream. I had a lot left when I stopped using it but I actually threw it away, it was that bad.

I use the Xtend-Life Age Defense Active Day Cream for Women. It is a great cream: non-greasy, easily absorbed, feels great for the skin. The best thing is that it has all natural ingredients and it made my skin look better, not necessarily younger but certainly better, within weeks. I have quite sensitive skin that reacts badly to fragranced products and this has been a life saver for me. No redness, irritation or itching at all. It does come with a money back guarantee I think but I have not ever had to use that. It isn't even nearly the most expensive day cream on the market.

Celebrity

I just wanted to bring your attention to the fact that there is another ongoing thread about Xtend-Life here, in case you may learn something there as well. I just posted that I looked at makeup alley's review of the whitening day cream and though it is not bad at 3.2 out of 5, it could be better. Many people dislike the packaging and several complain of synthetic chemicals, despite the fact that it is being marketed as a natural product. I'll do some more digging around when I have time. In short though, there are many other products that would give you what you want without having to wait for shipping from New Zealand.

Rosie

Man, yes, that squeezy tube! I didn't like that at all. Other than that, the day cream was alright. When I say alright, I mean that I liked it just fine. I will add that I did not order it again after going through the first tube, precisely because the packaging was cheap beyond belief and I just prefer buying something locally to be honest. If you don't mind terrible packaging, then I really see no problem. It did not whiten my skin significantly, I should add, to the point where I was questioning if it was the cream or just the cloudy weather.

I have sensitive and easily irritated skin. I want to look good, I want to combat those wrinkles (and breakouts, still, yes), but I am not willing to fall into the trap of products that are filled to the rim with harsh ingredients any more. I've done that too many times before, and they have always given be irritation, itching, and even swelling.

Most Xtend-Life products do not have any added perfumes, which is already an excellent start for my skin. I like to smell nice of course, but not at the price of everything already mentioned. The day cream proved to be very good for my sensitive skin. So I like it, and will continue to use it. I will add that I do not actually use an SPF at all. I have reacted to those badly as well, and do not live in a sunny climate, so I have concluded that it is better to go natural in that way.

Fully admitting to never having tried this, I'll say I don't think much of it. I did look into it. Don't like the packaging, don't like the bad reviews, don't like that it comes from New Zealand. If I were you I'd look into Dr Organic instead, either the snail gel or the rose otto day cream. I've been using Dr Organic, which is UK based, for like three months now and yeah, I can honestly say I'm 110 per cent sure that they don't use non-natural products in their cosmetics and they've worked beautifully for my skin. Dr Organic is a really reputable brand and I really like them. 

I, myself, would not reject a product only on the basis that it has bad packaging — though of course, a nice package does help. I would assume that, by packaging this product the way they have, the company has decided to focus on the ingredients rather than the externals. They are paraben-free, use natural ingredients, don't have harsh chemicals, aren't tested on animals, and all of that sounds encouraging. I have not seen much that would convince me to use this product over others that are more easily found in stores, but I have not seen anything that would convince me not to try it if it were easily available either. 

Tried it.

It sucked. Badly. Seriously, my skin broke out like crazy and was dry at the same time. I've never, ever had anything like this happen to me with any other skin product so I was really surprised. I definitely did not expect that kind of reaction from a company with all natural ingredients.

I'm sorry, I hate leaving bad reviews but people deserve to know that this kind of thing is possible too. I can't be the only one who suffers this effect, so I thought I should warn you.

I tried the Age Defense Active Day Cream from XtendLife. I have to admit that I broke out badly when I first started using the cream. After around a week, however, that had cleared up and I was left with smooth and beautiful skin. It is readily absorbed by the skin and gave me a real feeling of hydration. I did like the cream. The only reason I did not order it again is that the packaging was, as other people have already mentioned here I see, really not very nice. Overall, I would buy it again if they improved the packaging.