Hello everyone. Yesterday it was soooo rainy outside. I was in my home, all day, drinking some wine and enjoying near the fireplace. I was alone with my Boo, because my boyfriend is on the business trip again. It was so quiet until something start to scratch my door. I went out, and I saw very cute, little cat. She still has blue eyes, so she is really, but really young. She was wet from the rain. I took her inside, and I prepare her something to eat, some raw food. She was eating so sweet :) I think that I will keep her. I am planning to prepare raw food for her, and I was searching for some recipes, but I found that raw diet can cause some issues.

Do you know what are risks of raw good diet for cats? 

Oh my God, that is so adorable :) Yes, she must be really, really young :) I am glad that you take care of her, because she is probably very week, and she needs this :) About raw food, of course that there are some potential risks, but you need to know where you buy the groceries and ingredients for this. They need to be fresh and well prepared, and you won’t have any problems. I know, because I am feeding my cat with raw food. Before you start prepare food for your cat, wash your hands properly and clean the surface where you are going to prepare the meal.

Good luck! 

Hello there. 

You are such a nice person. I really admire your gesture. 

I think you made the right decision about feeding your new pet with raw food. Raw food is something that she needs now. Her body and organs aren’t completely formed yet and raw foods will certainly provide the nutrients needed. 

When it comes to the risks of raw food diet, you shouldn’t worry at all. I mean, you just need to pay attention that all the ingredients are fresh as Millie-cat mentioned earlier. Besides this I think that raw food diet is 100 % safe for your cat.

When I first read the title, I thought that you have mistaken something. I learned from this site that cats are obligate carnivores and they are getting necessary proteins from meat only (raw meat is the best, to be precise).

But, after reading other posts, I now know what you are asking for. Yes, the main risk is to give your cat meat which isn’t fresh and that can cause some serious GI problems. If you are sure the meat is from reliable source, then you don’t have anything to be afraid of.

The raw food diet is the best for your kitty.

P.S.

You made such a nice gesture by adopting that kitten. Gz!

Nice gesture, I really admire your act :) I totally support your decision to give this little cat raw good. This is the best choice, and now, when she is weak and maybe sick, this eating plan will help her get better. I really do think that you are buying fresh ingredients and that you know what you are doing, especially because you are aware of the risks that raw food can have. I still believe that you are buying fresh groceries, and in this case, that won’t be a problem.

There are risks of some bacterial infections, but I think that you don’t have reason to be afraid. 

I am totally against feeding cats raw food. It’s common sense. Would you eat raw food, especially raw meat? How can anyone compare wild cats and their digestive systems with the digestive systems of our pets? They are way more sensitive. They have been our pets for years and their digestive systems have changed.

Very often in meat, especially if it’s not fresh meat, you can find different kinds of bacteria. That bacteria can cause serious problems.  

And I also heard that raw food diet can have a negative impact on your cat’s cholesterol levels.

And those are only some of the risks.

Hello. Maybe there are a risk, but I am not familiar with it at all. I had a cat, three years ago. She died, but she was 12 years old. Since I started feeding her, I was feeding her with raw food, even if everyone told me to avoid it. I consulted my vet and he told me to try this as well. So, I did it. I have to say that my cat was not sick at all. She was one healthy cat, and she died because she was really old. So, if you ask me, there are no risks of feeding your cat with raw foods. You can be against it, but I am telling you the facts. Good luck!

The main risk is that you can ruin your cat digestive system and expose her to multiple infections caused by bacteria which can be found in raw meat. Please, be careful with that, especially because your cat is so small and still weak. You can give her (for the main meal), for example, a small amount of raw meat and see does she want to eat it in the first place. After that, you can eventually increase the amount or stop completely, depending on how her body will react. And of course, always buy meat from trusted shops and brands. Just like you wouldn’t be happy with consuming suspicious meat, the same goes for our pets.