Hi, guys. I have just turned 40 and I must do colonoscopy in sooner time. My mother died from colon cancer and I have higher risks than regular population. I was wondering if someone could recommend me the best diet there is before I do colonoscopy. I will appreciate all your replies to my post.

Hi, there. I like the way you think. Colon cancer is usually discovered late as you already know. You don’t need to worry about the diet. When you go to see a doctor for colonoscopy appointment, he will provide you with a proper diet. My mother did this, so I know some little about it. This diet will exclude totally fiber. It will include eggs, boiled chicken with no skin, cheese and skinless potatoes. You will also be advised to eat steamed white fish and white bread. You will also get a special diet two days before the examination. I hope this help.

Hi. Your post was very helpful. I will definitely consult a doctor about the details of this diet. Nevertheless, I intend starting with some of it right now. I admit that I don’t eat often eggs and I will change that. I was thinking of doing colonoscopy in the next months. I hope everything will be fine.