How your life would be if certain events where you had to choose between one road or path or another would have turned out??

I was talking to a woman in a department who's position I applied for last year. This is the second person that has thias job in the last year and she was mentioned how colorless, dull, and demanding the people are.

In the last year:

The dept head resigned.

The girl that got hired over me (due to some internal politics) left 2 months
into the job.

The quality of their work has suffered.

They constantly ring my office looking for help in their presentations for bigger advertising contracts.

Their new boss (woman) has been know to (coin a RR comment here) pass out free samples of cake to advance.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

The funny thing is it took months to get over not getting the job, job I would have been totally unhappy doing, and ended up getting a better job (by accident) in the process.

There are areas in my life where I wish I could go back and change (the long shoulder lenght hair in high school is just one orf manny) but on the whole it been pretty good.

I've wondered what type of parent I would have made, but now I live in the joy of others and their children.

S99

<confused and bewildered> hmm.... what's up with cake?

I read it as a 'nap' :naughty: :shrug: no?

I believe that's what he meant :naughty:

JJ, you are sooooo innocent sometimes! ;)

Definitely something I have been thinking a lot about lately too. I believe, however, that nothing happens in a vaccum, so even if I made what was the wrong choice at the time, which in several cases cost me many years of my career being diverted in the wrong direction, I've met some wonderful people along the way and had some great experiences that I know for a fact I never would have had I stuck to my original path. It all works out at the end of the day.

She was the cake & frosting. Also blew out some of the candles as well. 8O
S99

I wonder sometimes, yes. There are two major forks that I think about occasionally: college choice and the decision to marry when and with whom I did. I wouldn't change even my in-retrospect-questionable choices because I know that I wouldn't be who I am, who my children are, and all the good stuff in my life.
Geez, that sounds so trite. It's true most of the time at least.