I am new to this sight and have been reading a lot on all of the pregnancy issues. I started reading this sight as a way to see if people were having the same symptoms as me to see if I might be pregnant. Well a lot of the stories either broke my heart or just plain made me mad.

So here I go this is not to offended any one just a way for me to get my views and opinion out there.

I am pro life I believe that every human has the right at life and a chance to make a difference. I have personally seen all sides to the great debate of this topic. I have know of 3 people in my life to have an abortion. First person I experienced it with was my best friend. She had an abortion and she is pro choice. Even though she is pro choice she regrets that day, she wishes she had never done it. Even though she has done it and feels bad she still thinks that it is a woman’s choice. So what I have to say to that even though you think it is the woman’s choice, it may not be the best for you. I have seen on here women after women regretting what they did. All I have to say to that is I am sorry, I do not know what else to say besides I am sorry I am sorry for that fact you made the wrong choice for yourself and I am sorry that your child did not get the chance to grace the earth with his/her first breath, or change the world with his/her knowledge. On the other side of that I had a sister in law and a cousin who chose to have an abortion. Now my sister in law said her reason was she liked her job and could not work in the part of the hospital that she was in due to the pregnancy. Well pregnancy does not last forever. 9 months in a different department would not of killed her but it did kill her child. Now 2 years later she has decided that she does not even like that department any more, so split second decisions are not good ones to make also her husband had no say because it was not HIS BODY, even though it was his child. They are now divorced and he is on depression medicine, and doing poorly. My sister in law on the other hand is living with another man now and never looked back. In the divorce she got full custody of their other child due to the fact she said that my brother in law was not mentally able to take care of their daughter. So not only did she decide to terminate one child she took the other from him. I see that as cruel and heartless. (but it is her body her choice right??) So this whole it is her body to me is not fair nor is it right. When your decision affects more than you in a devastating way it should not be left up to the woman. Now my cousin had one and the boyfriend agreed and she never told any one that she thought would judge her and has moved on with her life. I have also seen where on this sight women getting multiple and I mean multiple abortions, get birth control that works. Abortion is not birth control, and if you think you can not use anything and just run to the clinic like you are getting your monthly magazine reading in you are sick. So there are many out comes and things to considered.

Adoption on the other hand I have a friend my freshman year in high school that got pregnant, and her parents told her she had to get an abortion. They told her that if she kept the baby they would in no way help her. Well she did not have an abortion she gave her son life, then gave him to a family for a chance at a good life. She had an open adoption she receives letters and up dates. She also even gets pictures some times. Now that she is out of high school, she is married and has a beautiful little girl. So if you are concerned about the responsibility of parent hood that is ok there are many families that would love to have a child. If you are worried about your child not getting adopted as I have also read on this sight pick the family go to an adoption agency that will let you choose the family and environment that your child would be raised in meet the family, some will even pay for all medical expenses through the pregnancy. Or if you wish to never see the child again and leave it in your past that can be done to pick the family and have a closed adoption. There are many options in adoption. My friend did pick her son’s family and I think that even though it was hard for her to hand her heart into another person’s arms, she found comfort in knowing he was ok, and would be well taking care of.

Keeping your child is what I did I was 18 and in a bad relationship. I lived far away from home, my mom, sisters, and friends. My boyfriend at the time told me to have an abortion. I did not want one, nor did I want him to be something he did not want to be a father. I was torn and scared. I thought of adoption, and had decided that was what I would do. Then around my 7th month, I decided I really wanted my baby and told her father I had changed my mind. My little girl was born may 12th, 2002, it was mother’s day. I was so blessed that I got the best gift a mother could get on that special day. My boyfriend and I stayed together, even though he was not the best father, he did not do much with her. Then devistated when she turned 6 months I was not feeling well, I took a test sure it would be negative but just wanted to ease my mind. And it was positive, how in the world was I going to do this 19 years old with a child that her father did not even want, and pregnant again. I had even been using birth control religiously. I of course told my boyfriend and boy was he mad, he asked me how I could do that. Like I did it alone I guess he thought I as the Virgin Mary. Well he was stead fast on me having an abortion and I just could not do it there was no way I could. Then he told me that I would put this one up for adoption and I just could not do it either, I knew I could do it on my own. My other daughter was born Sept. 23, 2003 and he had nothing to do with her at all. And I did not force it. Well we stayed together until my youngest was 18 months old. I bought a place ticket back home, left a note on our kitchen table that said where I was going, left contact information, and told him I knew he did not want to be a father, and that I did not want to force him to be one just like he could not force me to give up my children. I gave him the choice to not be a father. I also told him that if he wanted to be one that was fine too. I told him I would never speak ill of him and that I would tell the girls when they were older unless I heard from him other wise. Then the choice gets pasted to my girls, if they decided to contact him that is their choice. I gave him the option and he never called or wrote ever again. I have not perused child support or anything that would bring him back into a situation he did not want to be in. I raised my children on my own until I married my husband, and the paper work is be processed for my husband to adopt my beautiful bright little girls. So if you are worried or being pressured by a boyfriend or even husband, do not think you can not do it, you can with hard work. And you will be surprised what the love of your child will do to push you to do better for your self and them. I am a college student, and as funny as it seems me and my girls do our homework together at the kitchen table. And I think my situation shows my daughters how strong a woman can be faced with any situation.

My view is give your child the chance and I know that not all woman see the way I do and some are stead fast in what they think of abortion and I will never change your mind just as you will never change mine. But for those who are not sure and are just scared really think about it. Just think what would all those brilliant minds of became? Would we have a cure for AIDS, cancer, would we be able to go further in space, would we be able to stop premature births and stop so many women from heart ache? And I know some one would get on here and post a reply about “well yea what if Bin Laden had been aborted, and all that jazz” well it was not his mother decision to have him that made him the evil person he was. Just think about it.

Im pro choice and have 2 previous terminations and have just found out im pregnant again. This was helpful and well said thank you. What I am going to do? I guess I'll see..

I also chose an Open adoption & so glad I did NOT kill my child.The adoptive mother was in the Delivery room with me.This was the hardest decision I ever made but adoption is one of honor.I thought of the Bible story oh how Moses mother put him in a basket & sent him down the river to save his life & Pharoahs daughter found him. He would not have become the Mighty Person he was to lead the Hebrew children out of Egypt if he had been killed.I named by baby Isaac because he was a sacrifice to God. People who say I could NEVER carry a baby to term & give it up have no problem aborting it.It took 7 years for the adoptive family to adopt because abortion has caused a shortage of babies.Every baby aborted deprives a potential adoptive family of happiness.

This is the smartest thing I have read all day on this site about abortion...Thank you for saving a life.

I think it is 100% the woman's choice. The world is badly overpopulated as it is, another 9,000 mouths are added to the dinner table every minute. I'm at the tail end of a medical abortion I administered myself tonight. I've felt no guilt whatsoever. That which grew inside of me was not a child, it wasn't even a fully-formed embryo. It was a 3-week along sack of cells. And now I can continue on in medical school and with all these big plans I have in motion. I shouldn't have had to change my bright future at one of the country's top schools simply because my birth controll failed. It is no ones choice but the woman's, and I sincerely hope that freedom of choice is never taken.

i want my girlfriend to do an abortion because we are not financially stable....she doesn't wanna do it. please tell me what I can do to convince her.

I had an abortion and do not regret it. I still have a life and I'm not on welfare.

Shame on you Devanna, the world is overpopulated??? what a poor excuse to terminate your unborn child. You were just 3 weeks pregnant??? It was just a "sac of cells"! Well no, it is a life that is being created the moment the sperm met the egg. The heart begins to beat 22 days from conception. Do us all a favour and take permanent birth controll (possibly tie your tubes?) because your attitude is terrible. God gives us all free will, you are correct there, but you forget he judges you at the end for your choices. Life is Life and if you destroy it then you have commited murder.

There we go with the mention of deities, fairy tales, and myths. Your deity has no place in this argument! Religion is a choice-just like abortion is. You can't force personal beliefs on others. I am 100% pro-choice-meaning it's the woman's choice and her choice alone. I have had two abortions and am grateful every day that I did. No regrets, no sadness, and no guilt. I have had one of my children die and he CANNOT NOT BE COMPARED to an unknown and unwanted fetus! I mostly know women who wish they were not in the position that they had an unplanned pregnancy, but don't regret their abortion. To me, a fetus is to a baby like cake batter is to a cake. It may have the same ingredients, but it is in no way a cake! I love MY life and those two pregnancies would have destroyed me and my happiness. I have a lot known women who regret keeping their pregnancy and some that were haunted by adoptions, as well. Bottom line, I am ALWAYS for the woman, an already-born, living fully independently and outside the womb, and fully-conscious woman, and it is HER CHOICE what to do with an unplanned pregnancy. She has all the rights and full autonomy over her body and is not property of her husband either. That’s what being pro-choice is all about.