I found out a week ago that I was pregnant, not something a 20 year old double major college student could bear to know. I was recently married 3 months ago and this was not the time to try to conceive a child. The decision my husband and I have decided to make is to get an abortion. This is something extremely hard for me to do because I am religious and I've always told myself I would never take a child's life when in the womb. My decision changed when I found out I need to buy a new car, have a summer term to pay for in school, a new apartment to find, and a new job to find as well. My husband right now is our only income and we have so much debt from credit cards and student loans that we don't have the financial security to raise a child. My friends who are all believers in keeping a child do not understand that we do not want to raise a child on welfare as we were at one point or another in our young lives, but rather give our children what they need. This decision is tearing me a part inside because I know that someday I will have to answer to God for the decision I am making. I have prayed and asked God for guidance and I hope he will answer my prayers. Many have mentioned adoption and I cannot support that choice as my mother was adopted and now lives a life of low self esteem and verbal abuse. I know not all adopted families are that way but the fear has set in and I cannot let that go, I would rather bear the scar on my heart of losing my child then giving it up and having it hurt or one day resenting me for the choice I made. I hope someone out there can understand my situation and give me a little support or advice.

Thanks

Hey there...I understand the facts that your stating. I see where your coming from but at the same time, I don't think you should get rid of your child. Its true that you have to pay stuff here and there and right now you cannot afford a baby but just think that someday you will regret it and wish you've kept it. Its gonna be a hard decision because you gotta think what's best for you and the baby inside you. In my case the situation is not good and right now I would definately not be able to afford a baby but hey, I would never get rid of it cus who knows if it may be the 1st and last baby ill ever have. But anyways I really think you should keep it. Make a decision that will lead to the best. And don't only think for your self.

Thanks and I appreciate your advice , but I am thinking of the child when I realize right now isn't the time. I've accepted that gods punishment to me may not be able to have more children in the future. I know there will be some regret and for that I can only go to a support group and talk about with my husband. This choice yes is hard but I know I cannot provide a life for this child right now. Sometimes people like myself have said I'll never abort it, but when they find themselves between a rock and a hard place the decision changes. Thank you once again for the advice. Any advice is appreciated.

No problem... Take it easy and do what's best for you...good luck on everything...

i too donot think you should have an abortion. there are ways to get through everything and if you keep the baby you will manage. many many many people have tones of regret and remorse after having an abortion. adoption is always an option and while your mother was adopted and had the unfortune to be adopted by abusive parents that in no way meant that is what would happen you your baby. there are many ways to stay invoulved in your childs life after they are adopted and most adoptive parents would bend over bacwards to help you out. also i believe the background checks and loop people have to go through to adopt a child nowadays is much more strict than when your mother was adopted. if you find you can not support the child at this time adoption would be the next best thing.
i pray for your and wish you the best of luck :-)

Dear, I would advise that you listen to the people who are telling you not to abort. They're trying to look out for you and to help you. Accept their help. It would be better if you did. Another thing, God does have a plan for you and I know Him well enough to know that He really doesn't want you to take the life of your own child. He understands your circumstances well, but He wants you to trust Him in this season of your life. He put these people in your life for a reason. Also, I would advise going to your local Crisis Pregnancy Center. They will council you thru your descision and help you to reach a conclusion. Thats all and if you need anything else let me know! Good luck sweetie and God Bless.