Do you own one?

It was pretty obvious that only one of my neighbors owns a generator since only one house had any lights at all last night.

I do and it was a life saver after an ice storm when we were without power for about a week. Not nice when you can't run the furnace in the winter and it's nice to have the refrigerator working too. I would like to get one that runs on natural gas though. When you locate a gas station that has power so they can pump gas, the lines get pretty long.

I don't own one, but I was a certified generator mechanic, when I was a National Guardsman.

Why can't I get a muffler for my generator? You can tell where they are by following the sound and many got stolen during the power outages around here. 

I don't, but my mom does. Where she lives, the power goes out a lot, and she needs backup power to run her well

Seriously thinking about it but... you need an electrician to properly set up your house to accept the power. As a fer instance, I would want the furnace, refers/kitchen (not the range) and at least one circuit for TV to be working off the generator.

I would like one as well. But I currently don't have one.

No.

We do get some bad winter storms and last year we lost power for about 36 hours.

Dad has one. I do not.

no we don't, but it's just the kind of manly man thing he'd love to have. :?

we went for 10 days without power once in NC and it would have been hella sweet at that time.

My parents borrowed one once when we lost power for nearly a week after a tornado in KY. It was really cool I have to say.

Don't have one. Would be nice to have as a back-up for emergency but I can't justify spending the money.

I have one. Our old house had a sump pump, which was really needed in big rainstorms. That was the only thing we used it for.
So we still have it. It hasn't been started in five years.

" It hasn't been started in five years."
So you don't have one!!!

we have one, we had it for Abby's ventilator if the power ever went out.