Hello! Yesterday I heard on TV this lady talking about some Pancoastal tumor. I have never heard of it before and I haven’t heard the whole story. I was wondering if there was somebody who knew a little bit more on this Pancoastal
tumor to pass their knowledge onto me. Thx

I didn’t know about this pancoast tumor either, but then I ran into your question and got interested. I looked upon it online and this is what I found. That is a tumor situated in the superior sulcus of the lung and is related to invasion and destruction of neural structures in this area. Symptoms that a patient may experience are: pain in the shoulder or medial portion of the scapula, radicular pain with or without muscle wasting in the distribution of the ulnar nerve to the elbow (T1 distribution) and/or medial forearm and hand (C8 distribution) and Horner's syndrome (ptosis, miosis, hemianhydrosis, enopthalmus). I hope you got something of this, because I haven’t. It is funny that pulmonary symptoms are rare although it is a lung tumor. The initial symptoms is pain localized to the shoulder which is found in 90% of cases. The most common cell type that causes Pancoast is squamous cell carcinoma with adenocarcinoma and large cell being less common causes. Small cell carcinoma is a rare cause of Pancoast. To be honest, most of the things sound Greek to me but I hope you understood something.