Hi guys.

Today I was talking with my colleague from work. She told me that in the past couple of days she is having stent pain and that she is really uncomfortable because of it. Personally, I have heard that this pain is just a myth. But of course I can’t tell exactly is it true or not. Who am I to tell her this?

But lately I was reading a little bit about it and I found out that a lot of people are complaining at this pain, while others are telling that this is just a myth.

What do you think?

Hello everyone. I believe that this is not just a myth. I believe that stent pain is real, that this pain really exists. I know a lot of people who told me that they do have stent pain and they say that this pain is real. For example, one friend of mine told me that this pain was waking him up during the night. He was scared so he went to see his doctor.

His doctor confirmed him that this pain is real and that this pain is really happening.

Maybe some people think that this pain is just a myth but I would not place my bet on that theory. 

Hello :)
I could swear that this is just a myth. Like others I also do have a friends who told me that stent pain is not real. Maybe you have some uncomfortable feeling, maybe you do have some pain, but I don’t believe that this pain is caused by stent. This pain is probably caused by your chest because sometimes your chest can hurt after stent. In every case you should consult your doctor and tell him how you feel about it. Sometimes the cause is totally different than you can even imagine. I hope that this is nothing serious. Good luck.

Hello everyone.

I don’t know what exactly to tell you about this but I do believe that this pain or discomfort – call it whatever you like, does exist. My friend was complaining about this a few years ago after her surgery. She was not scared, so I don’t believe that this pain was just in her imagination. She told me that she felt pain almost three months after surgery and after three months this pain just disappeared.

Someone might think that this is myth but I do believe that sometimes patients do have some discomfort after this. 

Have a nice day.

Hey everyone.

Well, I have to disagree with all of you. There is a possibility that you feel some pain or discomfort when you urinate or while you are doing some “easy” activities after the surgery. That is just an example. But that doesn’t meant that your stent hurts or that you are feeling stent pain.

That is why I don’t think that this is myth and I do believe that this pain really exists.

Those are stent – related pains and they can be very bad for the patients. I know a several patients with this issue.

It is not a myth.

Hello there everyone. I am reading all your comments and I am thinking how people are different and how they do have different opinions. Well, I am going to tell you my experience and my opinion. I have a stent for three years now. Now I am fine but in first three months I really had uncomfortable pain especially when I was going to the toilet. I just can’t describe you. Sometimes, I could see the blood as well. I do know that stent pain do exists and this is not a myth at all. Pain caused by stent exists. I know, trust me.