Ok, I have searched some online data and is it true? My doctor is always telling me to lose weith because my weight is responsible for my diabetes.....and then he starts me on insulin...how am I supposed to lose weight now??? Is it true? Does anyone have any relevant information? thanks

Hello, I see that you are worried about taking insulin as part of your program to control your blood sugars.  I can tell you that insulin will not result in gaining weight.  I am not sure what your resources are that tell you that it will cause weight gain, but I assure you it won't.  Insulin is a hormone that is naturally occuring in the body.  If it caused weight gain, every one of us would be overweight.  Insulin will use the glucose that is floating in your bloodstream to take it to cells to be used for energy.  Has anyone else heard anything about insulin causing weight gain?