I am having a hard time with getting my blood glucose levels down in the morning.  It is hard for me to get them down to under 100.  I keep running around 120 each morning even though I exercise at night and I limit my carbs for my evening snack.  What else can I do about it?

First of all, don’t try limiting any of your carbs from your diet.  This will lead to elevated blood sugars, especially overnight.  Your liver will dump more glucose in your bloodstream from its stores if it senses you are low in sugar.  Make sure you get the carbs you need and perhaps refrain from exercising too much at night.  You should still exercise though as it helps with losing weight, ultimately reducing insulin resistance.   You may have to lose about ten pounds or so to obtain the blood sugar control you need in the mornings.  It has been noted through medical studies that a 10% weight loss could help with insulin resistance.  This is definitely the best way to go so that you get your fasting blood sugars under control.  Then you will not need to be on any medication to take care of these readings in the morning.  

I agree wholeheartedly about the fasting blood sugar thing.  I had trouble in the beginning when I was first diagnosed and I would have high fasting blood sugars.  I eventually started a kickboxing class with a friend of mine and didn’t think it would even do anything for me other than get into shape.  I lost 14 pounds and I noticed my sugars were greatly improved, especially my fasting blood sugars!  It was awesome!  I noticed my A1c values are going down too.  So I would recommend some exercise to help you get your fasting sugars under control.