Hello! I suffer from hypothyroidism, have been on synthroid , but I don’t like drugs that much. Than my endocrinologist who offrecord practices acupuncture, suggested that I should try reflexology. I would like to know more about this treatment, and what good can it do for my problem.

Hi there! Your doctor was right to suggest reflexology. I used it to treat my migraines. Reflexology involves the gentle manipulation of the feet and hands to stimulate the body's own healing and balancing processes. Each pressure point on the feet and hands is directly related to a particular function or part of the body. All of the organs and systems of the body have their corresponding reflex points. Reflexologist believe that applying pressure to a specific point on the foot or hand energises the corresponding zone or function of the body, getting rid of toxins and enabling the body to heal itself. The thyroid reflex ares are found on both feet, and includes the area all around the base of the big toe's, neck area, and the ball of the foot, just below the big toes. The most important part of the section situated along the bone itself. I think you should definitely try this!