Good day everyone.

So I have a couple of questions about neutering a dog. My cousin Nelly wants to neuter her dog. I told her that there is no need to do this, but she is persistent. That is her decision and I know that she will do it.

I would not but I can’t tell her what to do with her dog.

I want to know a couple of answers for her. I believe that with some information she will be happy.

I was wondering can you tell me how much does it cost to neuter a dog and is this procedure painful?

Thank you!

Hello. I support every idea. If you want to neuter your dog, do it. I neutered my dog as well. A lot of people told me that there is no need to do this but I wanted to do it because I do know about benefits. Neutering is not painful. Vet will put your dog under the anesthesia and he won’t feel a thing. The recovery can be painful because he needs to be calm for a couple of days. The cost of neutering in low cost clinics can range from 50 to 140 dollars. Some clinics can charge up to 300 dollars depending on dog’s weight. I paid almost 400 dollars but that was a couple of years ago.

Hey there.

Well Dog Whisperer already told you about prices and I believe that they are pretty much the same everywhere. About your second question, I will try to answer you :)

This surgery is safe. This is very common medical procedure and as long as you are working with good vet you won’t have any problems.

Remember that there is always a risk when dog is put under anesthesia, but your vet will be on the lookout of the signs of illness or maybe some other, possible complications.

Ask your vet to tell you pre – operation and post – operation instructions very carefully.

Hi everyone. I neutered my dog because my friends told me that I need to do this. They told me that this is the best way to protect him from some diseases and that this is definitely the best thing to prevent more puppies who won’t have their homes. So I did it. But since I didn’t have money, I took him to the low cost clinic. I paid 50 dollars for it. There was a few small complications but nothing serious. But I need to tell you that I am a little bit sorry because I did it. His recovery period lasted for 10 days but this is not my old dog.

Hey everyone.

I believe that this is very controversial topic. First I need to tell you that I support dog neutering but I won’t do this with my dogs. I haven’t done this when they were younger so I don’t see why I should do this now :)

Anyway, I am against low cost clinic. I know that some people doesn’t have money but in this case don’t do this procedure.

It is better to pay 200 to 300 dollars once.

There is a risk of anesthesia but procedure is not painful at all. I think that surgery is done very quickly.  

Hello there everyone :)

I have some “fresh” information about this question :) My friend just came back from vet’s clinic. She neutered her dog today. He is three years old. She told me that everything was just fine, no complications, etc. She paid 327 dollars :) She told me that she is not sorry because of this.

Now, her dog will be in the clinic for day or two. After that, they will let him to go home with his owner (my friend).

She told me that her dog is pretty fine and he is not in pain at all :)

To cut the long story short – it is not that expensive and it is not painful :)