I am trying to live a healthy life and a big part of that is eating healthy. I admit that I never had actual problems with eating junk food, but I also did not eat the way I should have. What is there to know about tofu? Does it have high levels of salt? How is this food implemented in diets and how much I can eat of it from the start?

Actually, you can eat a lot of it, but only if you know how to fix it properly. This is in the case your stores do not have pre-made tofu meals. Tofu should be very healthy, since it is made from soy milk and therefore has the same qualities. And salt is an important part of the tofu production process. And you should know there are literally hundreds of ways tofu can be prepared, so enjoy!

But you also have to be a bit careful and not overdo it, or should I say overeat it. Recommended soy intake is set at 25 grams for one day, but only in a diet based on low levels of saturated fats and cholesterol (for reducing a heart disease risk). And there are 11.5 grams of soy protein in 100 grams of tofu, so the math is easy here. Just a bit more than 200 grams of tofu per day.

Hmm, but there has also been some research conducted by Pacific Health Research Institute which shown there is a link between tofu and cerebral atrophy. The interesting thing is, FDA rejected those results and tofu is still claimed as a very healthy food product. I have tried it on several occasions and it is tasty, although that depends on the way it's prepared, since it does not have any specific flavor itself.