I am in the process of adopting a diet that is a lot more healthy and balanced, and one of the things that I have really come to like is soy cheese. I do have a question about whether or not it is good to eat soy cheese every day or not. I would really appreciate your views on the whole issue.

There has been rather a debate in vegan and vegetarian circles about the health of soy, especially as a main element of someone's diet. I still enjoy soy based products like tofu, tempeh, vegetarian "sausages" and soy milk quite often, but on some vegan and vegetarian websites I frequent, there are more and more people who decide to go totally soy free. Apparently, many people are sensitive to soy allergies, and besides that it is often genetically modified, which has a whole set of health concerns as well. Personally, I think everything is OK in moderation, and I would feel less healthy without my soy based meals.