Has anyone found a good Doctor who performs the surgery on the parathyroid in the same manner Dr. Norman does?
Is there any recommendations in the Eastern part of Florida (Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, etc.)

Hi there, can you tell me al ittle more about who Dr. Norman? I would like to help you out but I'm not sure if I know who that is. Can you let me know? Thank you!

There are many excellent surgeons who perform the minimally invasive surgery. So far as I know, Dr Norman is the only one who always uses the radio probe. Others believe that it is only necessary to use it to find the adenoma when it doesn't show on the scan. You can check other parathyroid topics on this site for some surgeons that are recommended by patients and check other medical sites as well.
You do want a surgeon who has extensive experience with parathyroid surgery and who is doing those surgeries regularly. Other things to look for are use of intraperative PTH testing and protection of the vocal cords. You should be able to talk with the surgeon and have all your questions answered.

I suggest that you find the best surgeon and go wherever he is. My surgeon was Dr Babak Larian. He is in Los Angeles and is a long way from you but in my book, he's worth the trip. Just be sure that you feel really comfortable with your surgeon - it's a very delicate surgery but an easy one for the patient with a knowledgeable surgeon. I hope you find a great one. mass

Mass, thanks for posting this information! I had no idea what the heck Dr. NOrman did so I appreciate your post. It was very helpful :-)