I'm interested in reviews on Dr NormanNorman Parathyroid Center  in Tampa, Florida. I have a 15 year old that will be visiting there in a few weeks. The website is impressive but would like to hear about experience from actual patients. Thank you for the help

Jim Norman saved my life. His center, staff, and procedure are state of the art. He does not suffer fools gladly, and after repairing as many botched parathyroidectomies as he has it is no wonder. Read every word (and watch the important videos of the 15 minute operation, and his introduction to the center itself) you can at parathyroid.com especially the patient testimonials. He is the parathyroid surgeon's surgeon.  Because of his website I self-diagnosed my adenoma,  to my primary physicians amazement and joy! I am lucky to have found him. I am CURED and feeling better than I have in years. 

I am a 65 year old grampa who will be dancing at his granddaughters weddings!!! Exuberantly.

Trust him and the Norman Center with your child's life.... it will not be a misplaced trust. 

They have a lot of good information on their website! But be aware! Do not submit your information on the internet! The 5 mins phone call from their doctor will cost you $1700! The office staff is terrible when I try to explain what happened and seek the discount. It was a mess that you do not want to get into! Read the information on the website, talk to your doctors to get the lab work done, find a good surgeon in your area and it is simple procedure that a lot of doctors can do, do not believe that only their center can do the surgery! My doctor Shindo in OHSU Portland is great! I am so glad that I did not go to that center for the surgery! Stay away from them, all they want is your money!

What planet did you call in from?

You can't submit your data without reading and acknowledging " I understand that I will be required to pay a consultation fee if I do not live in the immediate Tampa Bay area, and this consultation fee will not be billable to my insurance; it is my responsibility to pay".

Secondarily, parathyroid.com is an INFORMATIONAL website first and foremost.  Countless Norman patients, and others who went elsewhere for their surgery, SELF-DIAGNOSED their condition here. Equally important, countless DOCTORS have been brought up to speed with 21rst Century medical treatment for hyperparathyroidism, rather than the antiquated 1930's teaching of their med school and its faculty (who in turned learned the wrong facts back in the mid 20th.

The Norman Center can't treat every parathyroid patient in need of surgery, but for those who can read and will DO SO, it brings a better understanding of the disease and its state of the art treatment than most MDs and many (most?) endocrinologists possess.

There is a reason Norman and his associated surgeons have performed 30,000 of these surgeries, and flim-flamming the unwary is NOT THE REASON.  Don't listen to this fool of a poster, go read the website and discuss what you learn with your own physician(s).

And realize also t Minimally Invasive Radioguided Parathyroidectomy procedures (and its associated radiological tools) are licensed & patented.  If Dr. Shindo performed a sestamibi guided surgery, it was using the process developed by Jim.

I thought that Dr. Norman was the very best, as his website is so informative, but after reading your website,I am having my doubts. It is quite a distance to go, but I was willing to do so. Please give me some more information and thanks.

This person has no idea what they are talking about......I had a large tumor removed and also PT gland that was on its way to developing into an adenoma -- this was discovered due to the reading of intra-operative PTH levels!! Had I gone elsewhere, I would not have been cured!!!

They are wonderful Doctor's the best in there field.

I went to OHSU and was treated horribly...as though I was a nuisance taking up their time. They called my consistently in the 10’s calcium “mild Hypercalcemia” even with osteoporosis and kidney stones, and said my symptoms could have nothing to do with elevated calcium. I just sent all my labs to Norman pc and waiting to hear back. If they say no, then I will know it’s based on expertise. I got so much conflicting information from the OHSU endo. Wasn’t impressed. Maybe Dr. Shindo is fine, but the other doctors seemed uninformed. Just my experience.