Hi. 24 yo F and have a problem with dry cuticles. My nails peel and they won`t grow straight. I don`t have acrylic nails and use a cuticle cream. Still no result. Don`t know what to do with my dry cuticles. Anybody with some experience? What to do to have healthy nails?

Hi. Also had a problem with dry cuticles and here are some nail care tips for you. This is really the best treatment for dry cuticles. You will have beautiful, healthy looking nails in no time. First, your nails must be dry before you file them. Shape them with an emery board (you must never use metal file). Try to keep the shape of the nails oval not pointed, when filing. This is a very simple procedure, but it actually works and that is the most important thing.

The way that a person files their nails has absolutely nothing to do with dry cuticles, or the treatment of dry cuticles.
I would suggest getting a cuticle remover. There are several good brands available. They usually come in a creamy, lotion form, but can also be a thick liquid as well. Use as directed. Also, get a good quality cuticle pusher and learn how to properly use it. Do not push the cuticle back too far under the nail fold as damage to the nail matrix could occur. This is the part of the nail from which fingernails grow.
And for the dry cuticles, you have the right idea. Use a high quality cuticle oil several times a day. Do not skimp on quality. Creative Nail Design makes a great cuticle oil called "Solar Oil" which you can buy in many chain pharmacies, such as CVS for example (about $9-10 a bottle). Also, you can get oils at your local beauty supply store. Rub a few drops into each cuticle and also onto your nails. In most cases, regular use will help the dryness problem.