Hi there! Even though I’m a girl I usually wear heavy shoes and boots even during summer time. A week ago it happened to me that my toenail had ingrown into the flesh. It started to hurt really badly and I tried to cut it out, but it started to bleed. Now it is red, and swollen a bit and still hurts. Does anybody know what I should do. Is there a way to treat it without going to the podiatrist?

Hey, I had the exact same problem and I was advised to go to the podiatrist, so I did. He checked if the ingrown nail had caused a bacterial infection or allowed a fungus to infect the area. Luckily, none of these things happened. So, the doc just removed the ingrown nail section using a local anesthetic. I couldn’t walk for a few days after the removal but the night mare was over and soon after everything was cool. I would recommend you to do the same even though we all know these things are not comfortable. And next time you cut your nails do it straight across because that is the way they should grow. Oh, yes..and change the shoes.

my husband had the same problem, and I was reading to cut in the middle of the nail a bit of the nail out so it looks like a triangle, very smal.

Make shure you do not cut the rest of the nail to short, there will be two corners there, file them so it will not ruin your socks.

The rest of the Nail has to be cut strait, then the pressure is not going to the edge of the nail where it is groing in.

For the infection just juse teatree oil in warm water to soak, about 12 drops, this will deinfect and get rid of the pain! But you can put it also pure on, so it will work faster.

Please only juse TEATREE oil from a pharmacie!!!

This helpt my husband for years now without going to a doctor and no groing in Nails anymore!!!