I had my tongue pierced 2 weeks ago i got a sore throat and it went as my tongue started healing,

then 4 days ago, my tongue started to hurt again, and  I started getting a stiff neck.  

Today my neck pain has spread from just  the side to around  the back of my neck, i am having difficulty moving my head around.  I have also got a sore throat, and have trouble swallowing, and when i swallow it created a pain in my neck at the side.  

But my tongue is not sore, and does not seem to be infected.

My ear hurts and when i open my mouth my jawbone makes a cracking sound.

GET TO AN ENT SPECIALIST.  IT SOUNDS LIKE A INFECTION IS STARTING.  YOU SOUND BAD ENOUGH TO ALREADY BE IN FRONT OF A DOCTOR.  AN ENT IS AN EAR, NOSE, AND THROAT SPECIALIST-THESE AREAS ARE SO RELATED TO EACH OTHER.  IT SOUNDS SO MUCH AS AN INFECTION AND IT ALSO SOUNDS AS IF YOU MAY EXPERIENCE SOME TMJ PROBLEMS.  I EXPERIENCE POPPING IN MY JAW WHEN I FEEL LOOKING BACK WHEN IN MY TWENTIES, I WAS EXAUSTED OR LACKING A "B" VITAMIN OR HAD AN INFECTION.  I HAD TO YAWN CONSTANTLY AND COULDN'T OPEN MY MOUTH AS NORMAL TO YAWN, THIS IS WHEN IT WAS CAUSED ME TREMENDOUS PAIN IN MY JAW ONCE MY YAWN REQUIRED ME MOUTH TO OPEN ALL THE WAY, MY JAW POPPED AND STILL POPS TODAY 30 YEARS LATER.  I DIDN'T KNOW AT THE TIME IT WAS TMJ.  READ MORE INFO ON TMJ AND SEE IF ANY RELATION TO INFECTIONS VS TMJ.  IT JUST A HUNCH FROM MY EXPERIENCE.  GOOD LUCK.

TMJ YOU MAY NEED TO WEAR A NIGHT GUARD TO STOP GRINDING OR CLENCHING YOUR TEETH, DURING SLEEP OR IN TIMES OF STRESS.

I WAS DIAGNOSED IN MY 20'S DURING A BAD TIME IN MY FAMILY