I have struggled with my weight since fracturing my back two years ago. 3 months in hospital and then a year on a walking frame saw me go from a healthy 60kg to 74.5 kg.  I pleaded with my doctor for duromine but she was very determined in saying no!  Some may say that 74 kg is not overly obese but I am only 5ft 3 (160cm) and have medical issues. I have a stoma on my stomache (for urine) as my bladder was taken out. The extra weight on my tummy has meant that my bags do not sit very securely, my clothes put pressure on it as they are too firm around the waist and I cop lots of leaks!!!  becase of my bag I have had to resort to maternity clothes as I refuse to buy bigger clothing!  it was effecting my self esteem and worsening my diagnosed depression

Desperate I went on the internet and found I could by it online, from overseas with no prescritpion. I was hesitant as could have been anything in it!! but I was desperate and so I did.   I had been on it for 4 days (the illegal version) and was getting some really unwanted effects. Worried I went to my dr.  Basically I blackmailed her into prescribing!  I told her I had bought it on the internet and so was taking it regardless. I told her that I would much rather have it prescribed, know it was the real deal and be under medical superivsion. She was pretty cross with me but reluctantly prescribed, guess she felf had little choice and was the safest way to go!!!

I have now been on the prescribed duromine 40mg for 5 days and so a total (of both the illegal and legal) of 11 days. I have gone from 74.6 to 71.2 so 3.5 kg .  I have noticed the same side effects on both so my gess was the first was also the real deal - but still safer this way anyway.

My appetite has decreased but I still make sure I eat 3 small, low kilojoule, low fat meals a day. I am aiming for maximm of 4000kj a day which is probably way too little bt I want to make the most of this script. she said I can only have it for 4 weeks and will NOT prescirbe it again! 

I have special k cereal for brekky or whole grain porridge, baked beans on mutligrain or a boiled egg on multigrain for lunch and a lean quisine meicrowave dinner for tea. so about 3000 kj (bit less).  I also watch what I drink!! lots of tea on skim milk with equal (fake sugar) and lots of water.  I have stopped all dairy (excpet skim milk) and all sugar. If I am hungry in between (which isnt often) I eat an apple or a diet crispbread with low fat chives and onion cottage cheese !!! i love it! and even a full 200gr tub of it is only 240kj!!!!!

the other day I went for 48 hours no sleep at all, thankfully that hasnt happened since!  have felt my mood a bit changable ie VERY happy one minute and feel like flying into a rage the next. hmmmmm Basically the side effects havent been too bad:

feeling a little too alert and hyper vigilant.  my daughter said my eyes look like they are forced wide open at times

a little dry in the mouth

sweating a lot at times

decreased appetite

fast paced in talking and all movement!

mood snaps so avoid company!

some trouble going to sleep at night so have started taking it at 6am

a lot of people say you get heaps of energy. I havent really found this. Having said that though I am physically running at top speed, when I walk I cant slow down, when I do housework its at top speed, when I talk its at top speed lol.  so while not feeling overly energtic I am very much on the go!  to the extreme though which is a bit dangerous. I get bad palpitations and severe sweating. The other day I had a scary fluttery feeling in my chest that seemed to last for ages. I have to tell msyelf "stop, slow down, you will kill yourself!  ;but then I forget and off I go at top speed again lol.  well the weight is falling fast and am not suprised.  A warning though, if you are also on duromine then I would assume you are also over weight.  Given that, the level of fitness (like mine) is not too good. Duromine pushes you beyond your current physical capabilites and that makes it dangerous. I am acutely aware of that and remind myself to SLOW a bit.

Well week 2, 3.5 kg gone and 6.5 to go!!!!!  My goal was from 74.6 down to 64kg - which puts me back to a healthy size 10 again :) aussie size that is!!!!

will update in another week!!!!

Love your post
I've been on the 15mg for a month and now have started on the 30mg. I had no side effects on the 15mg but have had a constant headache, a little moody, finding it difficult to sleep and breaking out in acne.On the 30mg. Did you find that side effects went away, and how long took to go away. Wondering if I should persist.

i enjoyed reading this, can't wait to hear about your progress. I've been on it for a week now.

HI all my side effects were gone within about two weeks, except for the fast paced bit. I completed my course :( a few days ago and she wont give me any more!!!!! Having said that though, I was 74.5 and my goal was 64, so I aimed for 10kg in a month. I got down to 66 so only a little short of my goal. Good new is my eating pattern is much the same as when I was on the duromine as I got used to small amounts of food and reading labels became a habit when I was on it. I bought xenical which is quite harmless and has no ill efffects, to maintain and maybe drop a little more. Xenical just absorbs the fat from your food. I only take it once a day with my main meal though ie not every meal as they say, as I am not really desperate to lose any more and they are a bit expensive!. I am really happy with the outcome of my short but effective course of duromine, gave me the kick start physically and psychologically that I needed

HI all my side effects were gone within about two weeks, except for the fast paced bit. I completed my course :( a few days ago and she wont give me any more!!!!! Having said that though, I was 74.5 and my goal was 64, so I aimed for 10kg in a month. I got down to 66 so lost 8.5kg, only a little short of my goal. Good new is my eating pattern is much the same as when I was on the duromine as I got used to small amounts of food and reading labels became a habit when I was on it and am still having small but steady losses, 200grams here and there. I bought xenical which is quite harmless and has no ill efffects, to maintain and maybe even drop a little more. Xenical just absorbs the fat from your food. I only take it once a day with my main meal though ie not every meal as they say, as I am not really desperate to lose any more and they are a bit expensive!. The only side effect with xenical is that if you have a meal high in fat, it will literally squirt out the lower end (pure oil!!!) with little warning. Thats good though, it soon tells you what foods to avoid that are high fat. It only happened to me once. Happened to my friend a bit but she is a mcdonalds addict lol . I am really happy with the outcome of my short but effective course of duromine, gave me the kick start physically and psychologically

Hi Bevzy,
Congrats on your weight loss. Its day 26 for me on Duromine 30mg. I'm having good days and bad days due to the side effects. My side effects are so different everyday lol. However I don't have the extra energy people say they have. I learnt to eat healthy six meals per day small portions and i train at the gym.
I have lost 4 Kg so far and I feel great.

I'm glad you didn't gain the weight back, it actually gives me hope that once I finish duromine I won't gain the weight back.
I still have another month to go, however I decided starting from next week,I will take duromine twice a week, so my body can adapt to ease off duromine safely resisting bad withdrawal symptoms.

Ps, Phen375 is a great weight loss product and has no side effects if Xenical becomes to hard to get used to.
Good Luck, hope you succeed with your weight loss goal :)

HI, yes I started on the phen375, same as duromine jst different brand name. I then moved onto the xenical. Off both now and am still continuing to lose small amounts of weight. Was 66 in the last post and am now 65.2. So overall loss now of close on 9.5 kg. What I liked about the xenical, is one no side effects and two, if yu did start "squirting oil" you knew what to avoid. So helped me gain a better understanding of the hidden fat content in foods :). I was on the phen375 and then 40mg duromine (same stuff) slow release a day for about a total of 5 weeks. No ill effects or withdrawals from stopping suddenly. I never got hte extra energy either that some get, it did speed me up a lot though!!!! so I was far more active whether I felt like it or not lol

Hey bevzy,
Thanks for replying back. I'm so happy that your weight loss journey is going well congratulations.
Glad you also didn't get the extra energy on duromine, because I was thinking maybe my packet is a dud lol.

I hope when I finish duromine I will continue to eat healthy & exercise and most importantly not binge eat anymore when I feel down. I cant wait to get rid of my thighs and ass. I hate having a pear shape:(

Furthermore, it's so good to hear you tried Phen375, because i'm going to use that when I finish duromine.
My weight sh**s me, it keeps changing on the scale everyday, for instance yesterday I was 63kg and today i'm 64kg wtf, no change to my eating habits.

Good luck with your journey, I wish you all the best

LIke reading these posts - worried ...I've had no side effects, been on Duromine 30mg for month and a half now and have lost NOTHING! I read labels, eat 3 low cal meals a day and snack (apple) mid morning and mid afternoon.....WHY?

Hi!
I found what you wrote very helpful! I currently weigh the same as you and I'm trying to just get near the 50's!
I'm curious though, as you haven't updated, did you get down to the weight you wanted? Also how was the progress? :)