The first day of my last period was on 2/4/07. I was due this past Sunday. Although I have been having lower back pain (on and off...one day very bad) for the past 2 weeks, along with cramping, I did not receive my period on time. Yesterday (3 days after my period should have started), I started spotting lightly. It was a dark brown color, but I did not have to wear a panty liner. This morning I woke up and used the restroom, I saw a larger clot (dark red) in color. Since then, I've had cramping & lower back pain (like a regular period), but with continued clots (much smaller). A pregnancy test I took came out negative. Could these be sypmtoms of a miscarriage? I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow.

my period haven come for a month liao i have a check up on feb 12 n is positive....but after i have bleeding nt much la but after a week i hav a house pregnancy test but is negative even i go for doctor checking also is negative n scanning also dun get de baby....so de bleeding izit miscarriage i just when night leg gt a bit cramp other than tat i hav no any reaction....can anyone tell me am i miscarriage?

I recently discovered that i have had a miscarriage. I did two home pregnancy tests and they both came up positive. A few days later i discovered that i was spotting, so i raced to the hospital where they then did another pregnancy test, and it too showed up positive. The next day the bleeding was getting heavier so i made an appointment to see the doctor and he sent me to get an ultrasound, The ultrasound showed that i was pregnant although you were not able to see the baby as i was not pregnant enough. The next day i returned to the doctors where he carried out a blood test which showed that i was anywhere from 4-6 weeks pregnant. HOWEVER, as the bleeding was still getting heavier, the doctor told me that i had a miscarriage or i was in the process of a miscarriage. He did an internal examination which proved that the cervix was open (and it should be closed throughout the pregnancy) so that meant that i did have a miscarriage. I am suffering from really bad lower back pains and abdominal pain. I am going to be getting a curette tomorrow morning and i am terrified. I dont want to let my baby go.

This is such a hard thing to be experiencing. However having my husband and my 7 month old daughter here to support me has made things so much easier. However, i will never be able to fully recover from losing a child, i am just glad that i have support.