Last week I had an ultra sound and the doctor said he thought I was between 6-7 weeks pregnant but that the heart rate at 86 bpm was low. Last night I woke up with such severe abdominal cramps that I was sweating, nauseous, and curled up on our bathroom floor. The pain subsided and I experienced chills. I have had no bleeding. I called my doctor and got the 'wait and see'. This waiting is frustrating and agonizing. I just want to know. This would be my second miscarriage. Any information/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Well don't worry too much. I am pregnant right now and I have been experiencing a ton of severe cramping. I have been reading about it and turns out that cramping is very normal during pregnancy. It is a sign that the baby is growing inside you. As for the low heart rate.. well I don't know what to tell you except that not all babies are the same and maybe they just didn't hear it right since you are only about 6-7 weeks the heart beat is hard to hear that early in your pregnancy. I would probably get a second oppinion if you are really worried about it. :-)

Hang in there.

I am also 7weeks pregnant and experiencing the severe cramping for the past two weeks. It is my first pregnancy and didn't know what to expect. The doctor said it was normal. It happens mostly after I eat a few hours later and I do cramp up and get the sweats. It is usually relieved after I have a bowel movement. I am eating lighter and increasing my fiber. I feel somewhat better. Hang in there ladies !!!

I am also 7 weeks pregnant, but for the past few days have been experiencing really bad, period pain like cramps. They have been particularly bad in the evenings and i have woken in the night in severe pain on a few occasions. I rang NHS direct this afternoon who said not to worry but i should get this checked out asap as it could be a sign of ectopic pregnancy. I have an appointment with my doctor this evening and am petrified of what they may say, but it has eased my mind slightly to hear that this may be due to other things. Thank you ladies for sharing your experiences... fingers crossed mine is just a case of eating more fibre and sitting it out! x

I am nine weeks pregnant, having severe period like cramps and quite badly through my back, I have the chills, then start to sweat, feel sick and headaches. This is my third pregnancy, and I never experienced this cramping with the first two. When I read alot of the same stories from other women, there are no really answers, just opinions from other pregnant woman. Is there someone who can actually say whether or not any one of these symptoms should be looked into further.

I asked my doctor about this i am 5 weeks and 5 days and have been feeling the same things and he told me this is normal but if it get to the point to where i cant take it anymore or start to bleed then i should go to the ER..