Hello. I have several cats and I am struggling to maintain their healthy eating habits, but it is starting to get really hard. I work by day for about 6 hours at least and when I get home I am usually very tired. I need to rest for an hour at least. Then I start preparing food for my cats for the next day. It usually takes me a lot of time. Lately I started feeding them with dry and canned food simply because I don’t have the time to prepare raw food meals. I don’t know is it just me or preparing raw food for cat is too much time-consuming?

Hey there. It is so good that you are trying to maintain their healthy eating habits. I do this, so I can tell you from my own experience. Yes, preparing raw food will take you a little bit more time than you want. But, that is totally normal, especially if you see what this food will be for your cats. I would not say that it will take you too much time, but it will take you enough time. First, you need to know how to organize your day, and trust me, preparing raw food for your cats will be a routine very soon.

Hello there. I am preparing food for my dog as well. I had a cat a like a month ago,  but I gave it to my sister, because she was in love with her. It was a gift, I know, but what I could do. She is taking really good care of her :) I was learning a lot about the cats and about their way of eating, so I was preparing raw food for my cat as well. In the first seven days I needed a lot of time to prepare food for her, but very soon it became a routine for me. Yes, it takes a lot of time, but you will get used on this, because this is really healthy and good for your cat. 

I find it impossible to prepare raw food for every meal. I have 3 children and I need to prepare lunch for them every day since they don’t like my husband’s meals (you can’t blame them).
I work 8 hours a day, when I get home I do almost all the work. My husband is the laziest person I know, so I practically do everything- I do the laundry, I cook, I clean, I wash the dishes.
I don’t get to spend much time with my children let alone to find a whole hour to prepare raw foods for my cat.

I don’t think it takes a whole hour to prepare raw meals. I have three cats and I always find time to prepare food for them. It’s not demanding at all. You can find so many recipes for preparing raw meals, I think there is already a topic about it. None of those meals need more than half an hour to be made.

I usually spend 20 minutes, half an hour top, to prepare a meal for all of my cats. And I do it once in every three days because I prepare enough food for three days and then I store it in the refrigerator.

Preparing homemade raw food for your cats is the best way of feeding them. Yes, it is a little more time-consuming, but benefits of this diet are numerous. Your cat(s) will be healthier, with stronger immune system and shinier coat.

I can recommend you to prepare larger portions (that way you will have enough time) and put the rest into the freezer. You can prepare enough food for several days and you will spend only hour or hour and a half in the kitchen.

I know that we are all constantly lacking time for our pets, but if we do little more things for them, they will be with us much longer. 

If you are well organized, you can do everything. I prepare raw meals for my cat, and I have to say that I am still learning how to prepare it. Everyone who knows me will tell you that I am clumsy in the kitchen, that I am pretty slow, but I still can prepare three raw meals per day for my cats. So, I wouldn’t change this way of preparing the food for anything, and I mean it. It takes me about two and a half hour to prepare it, but I don’t mind. Actually, I would do this always :)

No excuses :)

Well, to be honest yes. I got my cats (back then they were just kittens) 3 years ago. Those are my first pets ever so I didn’t have any experience. Someone told me that the best way of feeding cats is raw food diet. That was very logical for me so I decided to make them homemade meals from raw food every day. That was a very tough period of time for me. I was waking up at 5:30 every day to prepare them meals and not to be late for work. :/

Two years ago my brother told me that there are some high quality canned products for cats that are also healthy. Since then I am feeding them with canned food and they are 100% healthy.