Hello! I am 17 years old male. For the past couple of days I’ ve had a small bump by my right ear. It didn’t hurt or anything, it was soft, and just stood there, so I left it, didn’t touch it. I realized it was a swollen lymph node, but I didn’t know why it was there. It was causing no problem. However, this morning I woke up with a swollen neck, and an eyelid. I got so scared, and suddenly I felt so weak, and nauseas. I measures the temperature , and it was high. I don’t know if I became weak, and high temp. because of I got scared, or something is seriously wrong???

Hi there! It is quite possible that you caught yourself mononucleosis. It is a viral illness caused by Epstein Barr virus that initially attacks the lymph nodes in the neck and throat. Go to a doc and have yourself examined as soon as possible. They will probably do a blood test to make sure what it is. In most cases, atreatment is not necessary, and mononucleosis will resolve on its own just like any other viral infection. You should drink a lot of fluids, and rest. If you continue to have fever or pain, you may take ibuprofen. And if you develop a sore throat, drink milk shakes, fruit juices, and broths, and eat cool, bland foods. If you develop any other strange symptoms, you should cool your doctor again.